New Menu - what order?

On 3/7/2023 at 6:45 AM, molly361 said:

You can check the current sailing of your ship on the app

The problem with this is that the menu rotation often changes between what is shown on the current cruise and one in the future. We gave up pre-planning our dining rotation choices because the rotation on the actual cruise never matched what was published on previous cruises. On Serenade last week they were still changing the themes mid cruise from what was published the day we boarded.

• Like 1

So according to RC when they launched the new menus it should be:

welcome Aboard

French on first formal night (first sea day)

Caribbean on the first  Caribbean port

Mexican on first Mexican port

Royal night on second formal, usually second sea day

bon voyage on last night

the last two - Italian and British would be the other two nights but no pattern as to when they are AFAIK.

• Like 1

When we were on the Enchantment late February early March, the Head Waiter told our table we could now order Grilled Chicken and Royal was discussing bringing back Salmon also. So I ordered the Grilled Chicken but got Chicken Masella! 😱 It was quite tasty but not what I ordered. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

welcome Aboard

bon voyage on last night

the last two - Italian and British would be the other two nights but no pattern as to when they are AFAIK.

Thanks, unfortunately that doesn't work for Alaska. I WISH there was an Alaska themed night for those cruises since it really is a short season. 

On 3/7/2023 at 12:14 AM, Merion_Mom said:
On 3/7/2023 at 6:45 AM, molly361 said:
On 3/7/2023 at 11:57 AM, melbur said:

Am I the only one that thinks specialty dining is highly over rated? Their quality has diminished also IMHO

You can check the current sailing of your ship on the app

The menus are posted several places, including here:

First look at Royal Caribbean's new main dining room menus | Royal Caribbean Blog

Yes, I've seen them thank you. I was asking about the order of them. I can only access the cruise I'm booked for on the app. 

We are only doing 1 special dining night out, we definitely will be eating in Alaska 2 nights too. 

On 3/7/2023 at 6:17 AM, cruiseboy89130 said:

Good Bye dinner is on the last night!

I was told our last night at sea was the 2nd formal night so will it be Royal or Goodbye?

18 hours ago, melbur said:

It's not a matter of bad taste. It's more in the preparation . . . spent 5 weeks with this menu and the chicken parm is like a frozen Tyson chicken, the NY strip was stringy and chewy, the Minestrone was waaaay too salty. Risotto was the best imho. Don't expect what you enjoy at home in a favourite land based restaurant or what you may prepare yourself. 

I'm disappointed to hear that the Chicken Parm isn't anything more than frozen -- I do LOVE Chicken Parm. 

However, I'll say the same thing about the Chicken Cordon Bleu, which I'm pretty sure is on the French menu.  At home we sometimes eat the individually-frozen $1.00 Chicken Cordon Bleu from Aldi -- we consider it a decent instant entree that goes straight to the oven and is a little good mid-week meal -- and that Aldi entree is superior to what the ship serves.  I definitely expected more.   

34 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

welcome Aboard

bon voyage on last night

I'd like to see the British menu show up more often.  Judging just from these boards and the fact that the British menu doesn't show up as often, I'm thinking it's the menu that shows up for an 8-night cruise.  

We are crazy about the Traditional British Fish & Chips, and we've heard other passengers saying they enjoy it too.  We consider it much better than the salmon, which shows up pretty often.  

Bringing back the salmon and chicken would be good.  I say again, it’s not the menu but the quality and prep that has really fallen off. 

Saying Aldi chicken parm is better then the ship is really sad. 

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldaph said:

Yes, I've seen them thank you. I was asking about the order of them. I can only access the cruise I'm booked for on the app. 

We are only doing 1 special dining night out, we definitely will be eating in Alaska 2 nights too. 

I was told our last night at sea was the 2nd formal night so will it be Royal or Goodbye?

Typically only one formal night on shorter cruises, and on 7 night cruises formal night is always on night 6. On cruises longer than 7 nights, it is always the evening before your last cruise day. Also, typically no lobster night on cruises less than 7 days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Saying Aldi chicken parm is better then the ship is really sad. 

No, Aldi Chicken Cordon Bleu -- the concept is the same, but I personally have no basis for comment on the Chicken Parm.  

My husband and I only disliked two food items on our recent cruises -- the Cordon Bleu and the Lemon-baked Cod.  Both in the MDR.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, orville99 said:

Typically only one formal night on shorter cruises, and on 7 night cruises formal night is always on night 6. On cruises longer than 7 nights, it is always the evening before your last cruise day. Also, typically no lobster night on cruises less than 7 days.

Thank you. This is a 7 night cruise.

Was on Harmony in January right after the "new" menus came out and it's the first time I ever left a cruise hungry.  I have never complained about any food I'm served and I've never sent a dish back.  However, everyone around us had to send the prime rib back, some more than once - it came out either raw or shoe leather, very stringy and unedible.  I figured I'd be safe with lasagna on Italian night and it looked like slop and tasted even worse.  It didn't remotely resemble lasagna.  I didn't touch it after the first bite but the waiter never noticed or offer a replacement item and truthfully, I didn't even want to try.  The onion soup literally had NO onions. My friend ordered calamari appetizer and it came out cold.   I just hate to see the quality go down so badly. 

2 hours ago, flahagan said:

Was on Harmony in January right after the "new" menus came out and it's the first time I ever left a cruise hungry.  I have never complained about any food I'm served and I've never sent a dish back.  However, everyone around us had to send the prime rib back, some more than once - it came out either raw or shoe leather, very stringy and unedible.  I figured I'd be safe with lasagna on Italian night and it looked like slop and tasted even worse.  It didn't remotely resemble lasagna.  I didn't touch it after the first bite but the waiter never noticed or offer a replacement item and truthfully, I didn't even want to try.  The onion soup literally had NO onions. My friend ordered calamari appetizer and it came out cold.   I just hate to see the quality go down so badly. 

Yikes, that's terrible and I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm very picky with my pasta & Italian dishes.  The spaghetti was terrible the first time I tried it on RC and I always made sure to pick something else. 

I wasn't even going to try the Lasagna. I'm already planning on bringing ziplock bags to keep some cheese and fruit in our fridge from the Windjammer to enjoy on the balcony. Maybe I should make it a point to see what they have to offer. Last time on Freedom we enjoyed the MDR for the most part but agreed we would splurge on one night for a specialty dining.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:39 PM, Eldaph said:

You should be able to see any cruise. This is how I do it. In the app, click on the ship icon. At the bottom click on "browse our ships". Pick the ship you want and then it will list the sail dates. Pick the date you want. Menus usually aren't available for future sailings but if you click on the current sailing, it will show you the menu.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 2