Australia hates me...

Just now, Thrak said:

That was long ago. I never really expected to get old. When I was a young teen the news every night was the "body count" from Viet Nam. I figured I would graduate high school and go on a "graduation trip" but that didn't happen after all. They instituted a lottery and drew birth dates. I think mine came out as something like 280 out of 365 (seems strange that I can't ever remember the number now) and things were winding down. I wasn't disappointed. It's odd to think that in May my wife and I will have our 51st wedding anniversary. We celebrated number 50 last year on Royal Princess.

Congratulations on your 50th and what a way to celebrate it! We are a few years ahead of you but we didn't celebrate our 50th on a cruise. It was at our daughter's home with all our family.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 11:00 AM, mr walker said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Yes, maybe a Black in his honour would be good.

My Dad, who passed in 2016, was an Old drinker, and that passed onto me, but I only like a draught Black, not so much the bottled variety. So a crownie for me when drinking at home 🙂 

Agreed. Bottled black just isn't the same, and cans were even worse.

Tooths Kent Old was better out of bottles, but I think that is now a tap only beer.

On 3/10/2023 at 11:49 AM, NSWP said:

I also liked a Tooheys New, back then. Never a Reschs or Tooths drinker.  I feel like a Tooheys or two, remember that ad.? 

591119665_th(6).jpg.72ad6df9d7af6d41cfb530e74c07cd04.jpg

It all came down to the pub you drank at. very few indy pubs had both Tooths & Tooheys. The breweries owned and leased-out the pubs, so most only ever sold their brewers' drop.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 12:07 PM, Thrak said:

D'Oh! Never mind...

Sorry, a "lost in translation" moment.  Bondi and Cronulla are Sydney suburbs, both heavily populated by Kiwis (New Zealanders) who we all love, btw;  hence the friendly banter.  

On 3/9/2023 at 2:33 AM, Thrak said:

I'm well aware of the limitations of a cruise. It would be great to spend  month or more in Australia and New Zealand but it's just not in the budget. We cruise but we also take multi-week long camping trips here in the US. There's so much to see here at home and most people see very little of what there is. We did a great 7 week camping trip up to Fairbanks, AK which, of course, included camping our way through 3 Canadian provinces - Alberta, British Columbia, an Yukon Territory. It was nice to see a bunch of Canada that wasn't something you got on a cruise.

As a point of info when I say "camping" I don't mean luxury travel in a huge motor coach. Here is a picture of our "big rig".

New Teardrop.jpg

I love it, but it's smaller than the vehicle towing it. Do you think the car/truck/whatever is overkill?

17 hours ago, Beejay4016 said:

I love it, but it's smaller than the vehicle towing it. Do you think the car/truck/whatever is overkill?

The vehicle is only a Ford F150. It's not an oversized vehicle at all. At the time of the photo we had the pickup and a car with no hitch (and no room to carry our extra stuff). No, I don't think the truck is overkill.

• Haha 1