B2b cruises: What if you don't do check-in for the 2nd leg?

fstuff1

I actually have 4 b2b but cant do check-in for the 4th leg yet because you can only do check-in 21days prior.

And once on the cruise, i'd probably forget.

so What happens if you don't do check-in for the other leg of your b2b?

I’m on a b2b right now and didn’t do check in for the second cruise. They had all the info and my key card was already set for both cruises when I arrived at the port for the first one. I was staying in the same cabin so that might have made a difference. I got a call a few days in confirming that I was b2b and that I would get a letter with instructions. They told me I didn’t have to do the online check in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

What happens if you don't do check-in for the other leg of your b2b?

I suspect it would mean you and your luggage disembark after leg 3 and need to complete the entire check-in process ashore.

Now I have a back-to-back booked, same ship, same cabin, and it came as a single 14-day reservation.

Probably worth your while to not forget.

Edited by itsnotjustme

9 hours ago, jrlamour said:

I’m on a b2b right now and didn’t do check in for the second cruise. They had all the info and my key card was already set for both cruises when I arrived at the port for the first one. I was staying in the same cabin so that might have made a difference. I got a call a few days in confirming that I was b2b and that I would get a letter with instructions. They told me I didn’t have to do the online check in.

Same here we are on the second leg on the Sun and although I did online checkin for both was told to just pick our new card up the last day of first cruise

4 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I suspect it would mean you and your luggage disembark after leg 3 and need to complete the entire check-in process ashore.

Now I have a back-to-back booked, same ship, same cabin, and it came as a single 14-day reservation.

Probably worth your while to not forget.

Is this booked through a TA?

6 hours ago, di T said:

Same here we are on the second leg on the Sun and although I did online checkin for both was told to just pick our new card up the last day of first cruise

I didn’t do online check in for the second leg but my keycard was good for both cruises. Doesn’t seem like there is any consistency, depends on the ship I guess.

2 hours ago, LloydJr said:

Thanks.  I suspect that is why it "came as a single reservation."

Do you mean this as a good thing, or a bad thing?  In the NCL app it also shows as a single reservation for 14 days.  And we get double the quantity of all the FAS perks.

Edited by itsnotjustme

6 minutes ago, itsnotjustme said:

Do you mean this as a good thing, or a bad thing?  In the NCL app it also shows as a single reservation for 14 days.  And we get double the quantity of all the FAS perks.

Neither really.  The topic has been discussed here from time to time wrt B2B reservations.  It seems that NCL used to allow booking as a single reservation, but that more recently those booking direct with NCL wind up with two distinct reservations.  IIRC, I think during Covid some desired a single reservation so that it was either all or none.

We did 4 cruises B2B2B2B on the jade in November/December and could only do check in for the first two.   They had all the details and just changed our key cards as we had to change cabins, no need for any real paperwork other than showing our confirmation emails for the later cruises.

By the way it always helps to carry copies of confirmation cruise and shore excursion emails and amenity emails just in case there is any complications when on board.

• Like 1