All passengers guaranteed to be the on the same flight?

KKB

So I have been reading on another site about people being booked on different flights even tho they are on the same reservation.

Someone reported that they had changed the wording in the terms & no longer guarantee being on the same flight.

I just read the terms & it specifically says you WILL be on the same flight. 

I am wondering if anyone has had such an experience of being booked on different flights.

I don't believe it's ever been the case that people on the same reservation are automatically guaranteed to be on the same flight. I'm not sure NCL has ever claimed otherwise. I do know that I've read many stories of people upset that they weren't on the same flight when they thought they would be. But then, you often see large groups of people on the same cruise together (for family reunions, milestone birthdays, weddings, etc.) and if they're coming from different cities or states, I don't see how NCL could guarantee the same flights in the first place.

I was looking at booking two connecting inside cabins for a family of five instead of one family oceanview to have more space, an extra washroom and more free at sea perks.  Was cautioned that splitting into two rooms would mean there would be a chance we would be on different flights.  If in the same room - same flight.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thedoc29ca said:

I was looking at booking two connecting inside cabins for a family of five instead of one family oceanview to have more space, an extra washroom and more free at sea perks.  Was cautioned that splitting into two rooms would mean there would be a chance we would be on different flights.  If in the same room - same flight.

I’ve read this can be the case. We are a family of 7, so 2 cabins, separate reservation number.

32 minutes ago, thedoc29ca said:

two different cabins are two reservations so chances aren't good so split them up, one parent with one or two kids the other parent with the other kid, same if traveling with an elderly person that could not navigate an airport on their own. You can get an extra cabin key once onboard

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

I don't believe it's ever been the case that people on the same reservation are automatically guaranteed to be on the same flight. I'm not sure NCL has ever claimed otherwise.

and yet it's right in the T&C's for the promo - 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

• All guests booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hallux said:

• All guests booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.

Two cabins are two different reservations with different numbers and different log ins, even if it’s one family with connecting cabins. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hallux said:

Ah, well there you have it. Thank you. I seem to recall people here on CC complaining that they were not on the same flight, but maybe those were different reservations, or maybe NCL goofed.

35 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Two cabins are two different reservations with different numbers and different log ins, even if it’s one family with connecting cabins. 

Yes, but @DCGuy64 was saying that they didn't believe even people in the same cabin were assured the same flight and that NCL had never had it in writing.  Re-read what I quoted.

16 minutes ago, hallux said:

Yes, but @DCGuy64 was saying that they didn't believe even people in the same cabin were assured the same flight and that NCL had never had it in writing.  Re-read what I quoted.

Actually, that's NOT what I said. I said same reservation, not same cabin. Maybe we're talking about the same thing or maybe not. What I meant was, if I call NCL and I reserve 1, 2, 3, 4 rooms, that's one reservation with a certain number of people. 1 reservation, but likely several cabins. In that scenario, people (my understanding) might NOT all be on the same flight. However, if NCL does guarantee that all of those people would be on the same flight, then I stand corrected.

13 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Actually, that's NOT what I said. I said same reservation, not same cabin. Maybe we're talking about the same thing or maybe not. What I meant was, if I call NCL and I reserve 1, 2, 3, 4 rooms, that's one reservation with a certain number of people. 1 reservation, but likely several cabins. In that scenario, people (my understanding) might NOT all be on the same flight. However, if NCL does guarantee that all of those people would be on the same flight, then I stand corrected.

But it’s not one reservation, there isn’t a way to link them. It’s actually a pain because you have to log in and out to make show reservations, excursions, etc. I’ve seen families traveling together put on different flights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKB said:

OK to clarify...I am talking about the same CABIN.

same cabin, same reservation#, same flight

different cabin, different reservation #, possibly different flights.

We are a family of 7, when I called to book 3 cabins, 2 will be connecting, I was given 3 reservation numbers. I have to log in with a different email for each reservation/cabin, even the connecting ones. We have decided we don't want to risk flying on separate flights so we are booking our flights independently of NCL.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sarahwalker2007 said:

We are a family of 7, when I called to book 3 cabins, 2 will be connecting, I was given 3 reservation numbers. I have to log in with a different email for each reservation/cabin, even the connecting ones. We have decided we don't want to risk flying on separate flights so we are booking our flights independently of NCL.

As a family of 7, I agree. I don’t mind not being on the same flights, but transportation to and from the airports could get ridiculous (our airports are Newark, LaGuardia and jfk).

Same reservation number, Same flight I was told in January 2023.  But travelling with friends, even asked to have reservations linked, NO guarantee.  We have flight for cruise in 2 weeks through NCL, NEVER  again.  the worse possible flight times from PDX to LAX flying in a day before. Probably would have cost $200 more to do it on our own and pick reasonable times.  Live and learn

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Same reservation number, Same flight I was told in January 2023.  But travelling with friends, even asked to have reservations linked, NO guarantee.  We have flight for cruise in 2 weeks through NCL, NEVER  again.  the worse possible flight times from PDX to LAX flying in a day before. Probably would have cost $200 more to do it on our own and pick reasonable times.  Live and learn

This would appear to contradict NCL's terms, as outlined in the linked provided by @hallux. That links says that all guests on the same reservation will be on the same flight. Bizarre...

11 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Are your friends in the same room as you?

11 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Curious if you have a tipping point on this. I think for $200 more, I'd do it myself. But what about $1,000? I guess it's different for everyone, but at some point, the cost savings are worth the aggravation. OTOH my wife and I only travel as a couple, so it's trickier when you have friends traveling with you, as in your case. I hope you have a great cruise coming up!

56 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

This would appear to contradict NCL's terms, as outlined in the linked provided by @hallux. That links says that all guests on the same reservation will be on the same flight. Bizarre...

No, @NW Pacific mentioned asking to have the reservations linked, which means they are in different rooms with different reservation numbers.

3 minutes ago, hallux said:

No, @NW Pacific mentioned asking to have the reservations linked, which means they are in different rooms with different reservation numbers.

Oh, I must have misunderstood something. The first line of the post said "same reservation number," so that made me think they were all together. Never mind, thanks for pointing that out.

It’s definitely not clear if the reservation numbers are the same or different, if the same (which means same cabin) they should be on the same flight, if different (not in the same cabin) they might be on different flights.

16 hours ago, sarahwalker2007 said:

I *think* you can call and link the reservations.  I know my Mom was able to link all 8 cabins when the 16 of us went on the Breakaway this past July.  It made making reservations easier.  I believe she called and was able to do so.  I can't answer anything about the flights though as we were all flying in, or driving, from different parts of the country.

Edited by Redsky5292

23 minutes ago, Redsky5292 said:

I *think* you can call and link the reservations.  I know my Mom was able to link all 8 cabins when the 16 of us went on the Breakaway this past July.  It made making reservations easier.  I believe she called and was able to do so.  I can't answer anything about the flights though as we were all flying in, or driving, from different parts of the country.

They have recently stopped linking reservations.

• Like 1