Kids Menu - MDR Dinner

curious_st

23 minutes ago, curious_st said:

Does anyone have any recent kids menus for the MDR dinners?  Also, is the kids menu the same every night?

Not sure, but use this as an opportunity for your kids to try new foods, and order from the regular menu. 

It's all included in the fare, so encourage them to try anything and everything from the adult menu. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 8:34 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Not sure, but use this as an opportunity for your kids to try new foods, and order from the regular menu. 

It's all included in the fare, so encourage them to try anything and everything from the adult menu. 

I don’t have kids, and was asking for myself.  Lol!  I’m mot normally a picky eater.  After looking at several dinner menus, I was curious about more bland options.  I will be on a 16 day Hawaii cruise, so I’m worried about sea sickness.  Plus, I take a medication that can cause nausea.  And, if my husband wants to go to the MDR, then I would try to power through nausea for his sake.

On a side note, I’ve read some reviews where people swear the mac and cheese from the Princess kids menu is the best version of mac and cheese that they’ve ever had.  So, maybe we should all have that on our radar,

On 3/15/2023 at 8:39 PM, Coral said:

Kid's menu - same every night:

image.thumb.jpeg.a0e07b68929b3043e6a3edc4079d7f02.jpeg

Thank you!  That’s actually a more extensive menu than I expected.  

8 minutes ago, curious_st said:

On a side note, I’ve read some reviews where people swear the mac and cheese from the Princess kids menu is the best version of mac and cheese that they’ve ever had.  So, maybe we should all have that on our radar,

I have to say the new menus look sort of un-inspiring to me also. I have had the chicken and noodle soup when I haven't felt up. I used to order the spaghetti, I probably should have ordered the Mac and Cheese.

I would encourage you to ask if something sounds good, even if it isn't on the menu. I think things within reason are not asking for a lot. I am not suggesting steak and lobster every night but I have asked for different vegetables or different items like that. A friend asks for mashed potatoes frequently and gets them. If you are nauseous - I would think of a few things that you can eat that they can easily prepare so you can ask for them.

28 minutes ago, curious_st said:

I don’t have kids, and was asking for myself.  Lol!  I’m mot normally a picky eater.  After looking at several dinner menus, I was curious about more bland options.  I will be on a 16 day Hawaii cruise, so I’m worried about sea sickness.  Plus, I take a medication that can cause nausea.  And, if my husband wants to go to the MDR, then I would try to power through nausea for his sake.

Bland is good for seasickness. Fat and rich is not, so avoid the mac and cheese when you're feeling nausea symptoms coming on.

5 hours ago, jlacy1987 said:

This is leaps and bounds better than the NCL kids menu we had on our recent pre-Christmas cruise. A lot more variety!

Seems like a typical kids menu. It scares me to think what NCL offers 👿

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jlacy1987 said:

Yes, I was pretty disappointed at the lack of options so I'm looking for to the Princess kids menu for our 3 year old in September!

Honestly - if there is something your 3 year likes/wants - feel free to mention it to the waitstaff. They may not be able to do it that evening but could the following evenings. They really want the toddlers to be happy and will do what they can. For example - if your 3 year wants mashed potatoes or carrots or eggs. Just mention it. They will do what they can. They seem to bend over backwards IMO.

I eat off the kids’ menu about half the time in the mdr on both Princess and HAL.  Both lines are very accommodating to my kid requests.  I often find the simpler the meal the better chance of a good tasting meal.  I especially like the chicken strips on Princess! 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 10:07 PM, RaeBay said:

Do they still do the volcano for deserts. Hubbys favourite

My hubby was able to get one recently on the Sky. Our waiter said he'd never heard of this, but hubby explained what he was wanting (3 scoops icecream, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, caramel sauce, banana, extra whipped cream, extra extra whipped cream) and he got a very good result.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 8:48 AM, curious_st said:

Plus, I take a medication that can cause nausea.  And, if my husband wants to go to the MDR, then I would try to power through nausea for his sake.

When I was going through chemo I took Natrol ginger extract gel caps and they worked wonders for my nausea, I hope that they can work for you as well, I think I’ll be on the same cruise (Sept. 30?)

• Like 1