Arvia launch ceremony starting

BrianI

1 hour ago, Red Ray said:

I can't believe that 95% of people have been living under a rock for the past 20+ years! Long career in music both in the Pussycat Dolls (they are a pop group) and as a soloist, high profile relationship with Lewis Hamilton (he's a racing driver), judge on several TV 'talent' shows, West End stage actress, Grammy & Olivier nominee, Special Olympics ambassador....

Anyone who hasn't heard of Nicole Scherzinger really needs to get out more.

I guess it's a generational thing . I'm 73 1/4 and know her work.🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

My son was telling me there are teenagers today who have no idea who Oasis are

And so Beatles really are old news if that's the case

I recorded the cream reunion concert and told my son he should watch it. He thought I said queen.....he watched it...they're quite good aren't they. Who's that old bloke playing the drums..kids today.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CarlaMarie said:

For anyone who may not have seen these

(Copyright P&O Cruises/Christopher Ison)

arvia-nicole-captain.thumb.jpg.b222053a66ac69e7f6cab3071a4d1174.jpgFra7p-NWwAAmf3V.thumb.jpeg.df8311e70b4cfe71b499c36d5b5d94d5.jpegISON_230316_PandO_9532-1024x574.thumb.jpg.dfb0f5108b34dc5ca814b0389c6815ca.jpg

I wondered what dodgy site I’d clicked on for a moment. I’m quite a fan of Nicole’s but this is really, really tacky. 

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Red Ray said:

I can't believe that 95% of people have been living under a rock for the past 20+ years! Long career in music both in the Pussycat Dolls (they are a pop group) and as a soloist, high profile relationship with Lewis Hamilton (he's a racing driver), judge on several TV 'talent' shows, West End stage actress, Grammy & Olivier nominee, Special Olympics ambassador....

Anyone who hasn't heard of Nicole Scherzinger really needs to get out more.

My husband and I had never heard of her. My parents had never heard of her. My 3 children in their mid to late 20s had never heard of her and they definitely got out a lot at Uni! I’m confident that if I were to stand on the local high street with a photo of her that very few people could name her. I’m also confident that a very high percentage would recognise the Beatles! I can’t recall many children at school ever mentioning the Pussycat Dolls as one of their favourite groups either. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Camberley said:

I wondered what dodgy site I’d clicked on for a moment. I’m quite a fan of Nicole’s but this is really, really tacky. 

I quite agree.  The Captain needs a new blade in his razor and they all need to learn to salute correctly.

I watched it on YouTube a few days later and there were no dodgy subtitles ! I cringed at good old Paul Ludlow and lost interest at the cookery.

I enjoyed both Olly Murrs and Nicole’s sets, at least they can sing live! I said to hubby ‘I wonder if she’s allowed to do a Pussycat Dolls song’ - and she did! I enjoyed seeing all that blue sky and sea - not jealous at all!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

My husband and I had never heard of her. My parents had never heard of her. My 3 children in their mid to late 20s had never heard of her and they definitely got out a lot at Uni! I’m confident that if I were to stand on the local high street with a photo of her that very few people could name her. I’m also confident that a very high percentage would recognise the Beatles! I can’t recall many children at school ever mentioning the Pussycat Dolls as one of their favourite groups either. 

I am really surprised your children haven’t heard of her! I’m 58 and know who she is and have danced to her most famous song many a time - but then I worked in a Bank at the time and we had many good parties! ☺️

EDIT I’ve just checked and the song came out in 2005. (Don’t Cha)

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Unbelievable!

• Haha 1

If you want to do pointless comparisons I'm 64 and work for a small legal firm. There are only 8 employees ranging in age from 39 to 87 - all bar the 87 year old have heard of Nicole Scherzinger. Anyway that's my last word on this fascinating subject and I'm sure you don't want to waste any more time on it. Dontcha?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Red Ray said:

Unbelievable!

Why? Depends entirely on what you like to listen to/watch and also what you read. I couldn’t be less interested in Lewis Hamilton if I tried so not au fait with his love life! 

• Like 1

I had never heard of her when she joined the X Factor / Britain's Got Talent --- can't remember which one as we don't watch either anymore. I can see that if you don't watch whichever show it was, then you may not have heard of her at all.

I think that she  has a decent voice and I think she is good 'musical theatre' singer. The performance at the naming ceremony and those photos cheapen her though and whoever came up with the idea for both needs sacking. 

• Like 6