What is your favorite RCI ship ?

On 3/20/2023 at 4:34 PM, lenquixote66 said:

In December 2015 we cruised on the Grandeur sailing out of Baltimore.It was our first cruise from that port.We loved everything about the ship.We became friendly with a group of people who sailed on the ship every December.Nobody knew each other prior.

Every year they added people to the group and that year we became part of it.

We booked the same cabin every December for the next three years. On the 2018 cruise one of the couples suggested that in Dec.2019 we try the Anthem.We booked the cruise and that became our favorite ship.

Harmony of the sea's.

Very very interesting thread.

We are fairly new to RC (Mariner, Independence, Harmony) and have 3 booked (Mariner, Allure, and Adventure). I have a subconscious FOMO I think and sometimes feel like if I'm not on Icon already what am I even doing.

This reminds me that we all have different tastes and what works for one may/not for others.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 7:03 AM, cargopilot said:

All of the ships that leave from Bayonne. Drive any time of the year. After 28 years in the air, no need to fly.

I have not flown since 2010,absolutely no need to when one lives relatively close to several cruise ports.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, simon.hed said:

Very very interesting thread.

We are fairly new to RC (Mariner, Independence, Harmony) and have 3 booked (Mariner, Allure, and Adventure). I have a subconscious FOMO I think and sometimes feel like if I'm not on Icon already what am I even doing.

This reminds me that we all have different tastes and what works for one may/not for others.

You are correct.  Everyone has different likings. 

• Like 1

I liked Anthem in 2016 (Spring) before all the changes.  Great ship and fun to do over-the-side on Northstar for FREE.  And I love dynamic dining with 4 different choices in menus.

I enjoyed Ovation in 2019 on her first Alaskan cruise.

But I remember when Sovereign came out and how special she was at the time.

Here she is anchored in Labadee before they built a dock. This photo was in 1988

12.JPG

• Like 2

Freedom is my pang-y love.  I know it's partly because it was a special vacation when I sailed on her.  It just felt like there was so much space, so much outdoor open space in particular. (With access to the heli pad on the bow!) I met a lot of really friendly folks on that ship too, it just had a great relaxing vibe.  

I really love the Oasis class too with so much to do, but then Anthem is dreamy--I'm an outlier, maybe--I think 270 is just the bees knees. 

My first cruise was with my parents when I was a young adult on Song of America.  Amazing memories of that version of cruising too.  SO fancy.   

I'm the opposite of the complainers--I could make a list of 20 things that make each ship I've been on "the best."