What is your favorite RCI ship ?

We love them all BUT I have to say Jewel OTS has been my favorite. It was my husband and I ‘s first major vacation together and holds sentimental memories for us. I also love the sleek look of the radiance class ships and all the windows. I love A ship that truly feels like a ship. 

On 3/20/2023 at 5:34 PM, TheBucketLister said:

Since it was not specified as currently sailing ships 😉, I will have to say my favorites were Monarch of the Seas and Sovereign of the Seas.  These were the first two cruise ships that we sailed on RC back in the 90's and will always have a fond place in our heart.

Sovereign of the Seas was our first ever cruise! It has a fond place in our heart too!

I liked the Serenade of the Seas.  I enjoyed the movie theater and other amenities, but I miss the movie theater on other ships.  And not the pool theater either.

Edited by moposh

My wife won our first cruise in a raffle in 2006, so Mariner was our first and favorite.  Loved doing the Dubai to Barcelona cruise also on Mariner, just the right size, had the best bridge game I ever enjoyed. Liked Adventure and Anthem also, looking forward to a TA with Explorer next month.

27 minutes ago, mugtech said:

My wife won our first cruise in a raffle in 2006, so Mariner was our first and favorite.  Loved doing the Dubai to Barcelona cruise also on Mariner, just the right size, had the best bridge game I ever enjoyed. Liked Adventure and Anthem also, looking forward to a TA with Explorer next month.

We really liked the Mariner too.  You know, there's an overlook into the bridge room on the Mariner, I think deck 5 or 6, maybe a higher deck...can't remember.  It was hard to find and we've never seen this little nook on any other ship.  Has anyone else found this...looking down into the bridge where the ship is being run [we assume it was the bridge...all computery lit up and people doing things that looked important]?  It was very interesting and a bit surprising they'd allow people looking in like that.  Is this on any other ship anyone know? And if so, how might one get to it [even on the Mariner, doubt we could get back without a lot searching].  Maybe we were looking in on something else? Anyone enlighten on this?

35 minutes ago, LinRon3 said:

We really liked the Mariner too.  You know, there's an overlook into the bridge room on the Mariner, I think deck 5 or 6, maybe a higher deck...can't remember.  It was hard to find and we've never seen this little nook on any other ship.  Has anyone else found this...looking down into the bridge where the ship is being run [we assume it was the bridge...all computery lit up and people doing things that looked important]?  It was very interesting and a bit surprising they'd allow people looking in like that.  Is this on any other ship anyone know? And if so, how might one get to it [even on the Mariner, doubt we could get back without a lot searching].  Maybe we were looking in on something else? Anyone enlighten on this?

Deck 11, peek a boo bridge

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 12:39 AM, Lorey2007 said:

No Studio B, the venue 270 had very poor seating never enough room for the activities they held in there, there is a Esplanade but I'm partial to the Royal Promenade. Not a fan of the 4 closed in dining rooms, again partial to the elegant 3 level dining rooms of the other classes of ships.  But stiil a beautiful ship and we had a great time. 

All of this plus no champagne bar, no ice rink, no central park

No major issues with any of our RCCL sailings, thus far lol. 

After reading several uncomplimentary threads re the Independence, appears we may be in the minority here but, enjoyed the Independence enough to rebook her for 3 day this summer.  

Oasis our current favorite. Love the layout of the solariums on that class.  

Covid cancelled our sailing on the Allure, thrilled to work it in this November if only for four nights.

We have only sailed on 4 RC ships but Serenade is my favorite so far.  Love the layout, the Prominade view cabins, movie theater, water slides, and Ice rink.  Oh, I almost forgot the hot tubes.  Awesome!

On 3/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, Lorey2007 said:

No Studio B, the venue 270 had very poor seating never enough room 

I don't know how they came up with that seating in 270. It is mostly terrible.

However, even with its various design querks I still really like Odyssey. Explorer will always be special as she was our first RCI cruise. But I would say that Allure is on the top of my list.

It depends who I'm cruising with. 

If I'm with someone new to cruising or young, Oasis class. 

All-around, Anthem is a solid choice.

Just me or with frequent cruisers who don't need the bells and whistles, Radiance class. The outside Windjammer is a huge plus for me. 

I'm more focused on itinerary and price though. 

16 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

It depends who I'm cruising with. 

If I'm with someone new to cruising or young, Oasis class. 

All-around, Anthem is a solid choice.

Just me or with frequent cruisers who don't need the bells and whistles, Radiance class. The outside Windjammer is a huge plus for me. 

I'm more focused on itinerary and price though. 

Love this ^^^^^^^^^

agree!  The old ladies are so nice, hard to get new cruisers excited unless it’s super port intensive

• Like 1

First cruise was on the NCL's SS Norway. Berthed right behind it in POM was a brand new sparking white beauty the Sovereign of the Seas, next year we told each other. After 3 sailing on her I was sold as my favorite. In fact my DW purchased a print of her that hangs in our house. Love the tween deck, a short deck of cabins between 5 and 6. and all the lounges were aft with the Windjammer forward. 

Then Oasis came out so we have been on each and we both believe Allure is the favorite because the Diamond lounge is still on deck 11 with a rather decent view of the Boardwalk and there is no rotting intestines hanging from the back deck down to the Boardwalk!!

Edited by cruisinghawg