Beverage Card Balance / Refund?

five.

I had read on here that if we did not use all of our beverage card that it would be credited to our bill at the end of the cruise. I just reread that thread and now notice it was from 2018 and the card was purchased with OBC. In our case it was purchased ahead of time with a credit card. We had about $60 left on the card. So two predictable questions: 1) can we get a refund for the amount we didn't spend? 2) if not, can the card be used on another cruise?

I don't see anyway to pull up the beverage card on their website to look for any terms and agreements and we don't currently have another booking to check by doing a dummy purchase.

Thanks!

Had another thread pulled up in another tab:

In that thread someone mentioned that the policy changed in July 2022 and you no longer get a credit at the end of the cruise. But if anyone is able to actually point me to the terms and agreement policy, I'd appreciate it.

Any amount remaining on a beverage card you purchase will be applied to your account balance and refunded to your credit card if you don't owe. The balance will not be carried over to another cruise. It has been reported that beverage cards are no longer sold once onboard.

The non-refundable beverage card came from a TA.

• Like 1

We had about $60 left on our card and there is nothing in the statement related to it, so I'm not sure if that is still true. This is from a cruise we got off on 3/18 on Nieuw Stat. The beverage card was purchased online directly through the booking on HAL's website.

We also had a one small charge $4.50 that we have no idea how it ended up on there. We were never even in the vicinity of that venue the whole cruise. Oh well, our fault for not paying attention to the statement that last night / morning. I had been checking daily and then that small charge hit the last night and I just assumed the beverage card balance would be refunded, but it never was.

5 hours ago, five. said:

I don't see anyway to pull up the beverage card on their website to look for any terms and agreements and we don't currently have another booking to check by doing a dummy purchase.

Did you look on the back of your beverage card? On the one from our TA, it stated any balance was not refundable or trandferrable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Did you look on the back of your beverage card?

Got my hopes up with that one.

But no, the front is maroon and white and says Beverage card, with the amount and my name and cabin number. The back is simply the HAL logo with a P/N in the top right corner.

2 hours ago, five. said:

Got my hopes up with that one.

But no, the front is maroon and white and says Beverage card, with the amount and my name and cabin number. The back is simply the HAL logo with a P/N in the top right corner.

Hmm the front sounds right but the back has Terms of Acceptance (and clarifies refund for unused portion) and the HAL logo.

On the onboard statement a refund shows as "Gift card refund" and the unused amount.

My Bev card on the zuiderdam cruise in Dec/Jan looked identical to our cabin key card. I was refunded the 1.60$ that I didn’t spend. I did purchase the card online prior to departure.  I checked all of our purchases on the Nav App, and thankfully everything was 💯 accurate. Unfortunately that doesn’t happen all the time. Good luck with getting your money back. 

I look at all cruise offers, OBCs, discounts, purchased packages, etc as 'use it or lose it' on that sailing.  Never been disappointed that way and never had to queue up yo beg to service desk staff and shoe clerks running accounting to roll OBC forward or leave on acct.  Too many cracks in the floorboards, too many new people, and too many changing policies IMHO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the beverage cards for our last cruise, at home, prior to cruise.  I asked the representative at Customer Desk on the ship, what would happen if we did not use them on the cruise. I was told that if we did not use them, balance left on the card would be returned to our credit card.  Wondering how long this would take as we are now home.  Also, how long does it take for them to release the $400.00 amount that was held on our card prior to cruising.