Dubai

5 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Here is a picture my wife took from the Burj Khalifa in Dubai last December. I count at least 3 cruise ships docked in the harbour, but Can't make out which ones.

AMWts8B3bZNmekJUfDDtzUmStgosojzNyF2hMLUwfUGMQdpw7HmWxWtRofZl72MRr9n4Gyw5dfZykSpYm48pBTciGnv64GshfHGBy_FXML77_BjkIxKikm-llGx2kKaMwR-YoiK3FMRA-WIJE5fC47o2SXbwZkmT_Ra8H0FyBgxfqPEwzpVA9HtUa_PqL-Aad1J14DbXe_7kG531YEaLZ4A7N5qZbzKO7Qe8PPon1gawg4etYptIDiiEkXEHE-0jN_mafEw1lvD5YE3h2LQ0Sqy4sI9qdzAgLdQUFBA3euuWqQeOP6rNwXo1gd1vyyFkLHxesY5P8YQU3kDGQXXJzee--3amScwf4bNcnOq1wxOXH6HE9V_VjY36I-bGFi-DRX5_lc7JVqU6HbRCHoPTcOk19bDiqx4hPfWqeHOr8AKXpqwz_UkuQS1ln5B8nDCWCGENilM0PMwKQqyjEdCqfAERKo6sOiPh8dSp3IFHLDdF11aI59JsEhEl38fUUNRKMWyDLpNc0R10-NX-t3wOrvDNjqMt7iSeJsl_zvuCi_KUxh4zlMXjm8Xc069pcmwKeZc7jfbsOfUvhG1We3neuD_MT2s17pQzy5Bm_zVClhPh9oksobHDvzMJeWjsKQlLtwnef-i6Q9TldBJFwaTyXKUyuGWMpqJSqKgQ963nFdvZcbWp-DOOYS_bGr-R_mw9Mn3aNnYqjYM7mHP-ariYk8qoeBcy04M0ExNRZ-zf1OFYx74legExybNwg6AZKI96rNi03g731VILITBYRq7CScowSMDxeR6md4rRvoo5bunYOdv53C5ATK2tLeZvApGQjj89vy-hb_J6ZLW_ittCW4d41lYJhfWdlxzCA2sC3dCBnDhiRVQLSD5wSoXXRNPLEMCVWQniBlBeh4KVXFcYYrayDJFMgAI=w482-h643-s-no?authuser=0

dp

Thank you for that. I know of other cruise lines that go through the canal and go to Dubai. I was wondering about Royal Caribbean. A friend of mine is on a Costa ship travelling from Dubai one-way, and it looks so interesting from her pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladysail2 said:

Does Royal Caribbean go to Dubai or through the Suez Canal?

RCI abandoned ME departures and port calls for now. The only potential to visit that part of the world in the near future would be to either book the world cruise on Serenade or assume that one of the ships will be repositioned to/from Asia via Middle East/Suez (maybe in 2025 or later).

Edited by Biker19

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI abandoned ME departures for now. The only potential to visit that part of the world in the near future would be to either book the world cruise on Serenade or assume that one of the ships will be repositioned to/from Asia via Middle East/Suez (maybe in 2025 or later).

Thank you. I’ll keep watching. I’m not intending to go anyway for another 18-24 months at least.  😊

As noted by @Biker19, the World Cruise will!

I want to say that they have in the past, but have nothing to back that up. I've not seen anything in recent years, nor anything posted, but hope they will. I'd love to do something like an Athens or Rome to Dubai someday. Maybe Celebrity?

I was on the last Suez Canal transit in Nov/Dec 2019 on Jewel of the Seas and it was fabulous!  If it became available again I would book it in a heartbeat.  

My Chum lives in Dubai and often sends me pictures of the ships in port and from what I can see it is Costa and MSC.  She keeps asking me when I am coming back to see her and I always say "When RCI sail from Dubai again"!