Influencers onboard

zitsky

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don’t care how they earn their money.  This is about sharing a space with other people.  It’s not just for their use.

So why call out influencers specifically?  That isn’t an issue specific to influencers nor is it something you see in influencers/content creators/YouTubers generally. 

3 hours ago, prmssk said:

So why call out influencers specifically?  That isn’t an issue specific to influencers nor is it something you see in influencers/content creators/YouTubers generally. 

Maybe because this thread is about “influencers”?  Or did I end up in the spa thread by mistake?  

To the previous poster.  You have a common resource that 20-30-40 people want to use.  An “influencer” has no right to walk in and think they can have it for their exclusive use.  Yes anyone can be rude but they don’t usually video themselves doing it.

Be polite to your fellow passengers and we won’t have a problem.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

Maybe because this thread is about “influencers”?  Or did I end up in the spa thread by mistake?  

A thread you started calling out influencers specifically for this.  Hence my question to you specifically about why you are calling out influencers when you are far more likely to encounter rude passengers on ships who are not influencers.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, prmssk said:

A thread you started calling out influencers specifically for this.  Hence my question to you specifically about why you are calling out influencers when you are far more likely to encounter rude passengers on ships who are not influencers.

Well maybe because that’s what I wanted to discuss because I find them self important and annoying?  But ok, if a pax stole your pool chair, let’s talk about that instead.  🙄

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

You did.  What kind of spa treatment is the best ?

None of them.  Because last time I got one, an “influencer” was filming me for his fat acceptance website.  😭😭😭

13 hours ago, zitsky said:

Be polite to your fellow passengers and we won’t have a problem.

Trust me -- I'm sure you will agree.

The biggest " problem " on board are rude, low-life , passengers ( try the OVC, pool lounge hogs, self-entitled folks that won't follow the dress code, and those in line removing gratuities, as an example ) rather than whom you call " Influencers " ---

I've never noticed one--- I could care less who the hell is filming around the ship-- and , if someone is making a few $$$ from their videos, good on them. 

C'est la vie--- that's life.

• Like 4

On 4/22/2023 at 4:41 PM, prmssk said:

What I don't understand about this thread is the fact that of all the rude people I have encountered on cruises, none of them have been influencers, content creators, YouTubers, etc.  You are far more likely to deal with the average rude passenger (who likely has a 9-5 job) than you are to deal with the few influencers who are rude and obnoxious.  

I don't see why it should matter to anyone else how they earn their money (assuming they are doing so legally) or what hours they work.  

All that said, I completely support those complaining about people who interfere with others' vacations but I think you are targeting the wrong group of people if you are focusing just on "influencers".

My response was to the person insulting those of us who earned an honest living the old way - working 9-5. Read the first paragraph of the post I was responding to and see what I mean.  I have no particular issue with influencers on a ship as long as they stay in their lane so to speak - I specifically mention that my comments can apply to non-influencers as well.  I happen to have a relative who has made a great living as an influencer of a different type.  I don't really care how they earn their money or what hours they work as long as they aren't adversely impacting the cruise I paid for as well.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

My response was to the person insulting those of us who earned an honest living the old way - working 9-5. Read the first paragraph of the post I was responding to and see what I mean.  I have no particular issue with influencers on a ship as long as they stay in their lane so to speak - I specifically mention that my comments can apply to non-influencers as well.  I happen to have a relative who has made a great living as an influencer of a different type.  I don't really care how they earn their money or what hours they work as long as they aren't adversely impacting the cruise I paid for as well.  

It’s a new “(all about) me me me” generation.

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

It’s a new “(all about) me me me” generation.

LOL-- Now I'm insulted. See post # 282  where I said " I,I,I " a few times , and I ain't from no " new generation ".

12 pages over why someone who is filming around the ship disturbs some people ???

You know, the ones that have to find " something " to complain about.

And, bye the way-- I was going to complain to GR when our Server forgot to bring my 3 shrimp cocktails at the same time, but the line was too long with people removing their gratuities !!!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 1:10 PM, zitsky said:

That’s the point.  I don’t want to notice them! 

I'm not talking about someone who videos their cabin or takes pictures.  Maybe you get lucky and a pool is empty when you want to shoot video.  But taking over a space for their own use is not ok.  Don’t run around the buffet expecting everyone to wait for you.

Right!  I've seen lots of vlogs where they film the buffet.  As if the buffets aren't busy enough.  It would be super annoying being in the buffet and a vlogger is in the way because they're filming the food.

7 minutes ago, PumpkinPatches said:

Right!  I've seen lots of vlogs where they film the buffet.  As if the buffets aren't busy enough.  It would be super annoying being in the buffet and a vlogger is in the way because they're filming the food.

While I'd be annoyed if they're "in the way" but usually they move quickly or at most spend a few seconds at each dish

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

While I'd be annoyed if they're "in the way" but usually they move quickly or at most spend a few seconds at each dish

So they can maximize how many people they annoy?  😁