Another perk shore excursion credit.....can I use all on one tour or have to ????

Kelownabccan

1: Shore excursion offer: Choose three shore excursions per guest (up to $100 value per tour). Shore excursions are available to
pre-reserve or may be

Question.....say a tour costs $249 in one of the ports we are going to and is one we are interested in...........can I only use 100 of the credit for it....and have to pay the other $149..out of my pocket or will they let me use most of it for the tour......???......looks sort of like a poor perk if it forces me to pick cheap tours just to use up the $100 for the three tours and pay the rest.....my wife and I both have $300 each to spend on tours.....most of the ports are easy to do your own thing so not sure if this is such a good perk???....thoughts.....

53 minutes ago, Kelownabccan said:
1: Shore excursion offer: Choose three shore excursions per guest (up to $100 value per tour). Shore excursions are available to
pre-reserve or may be

Question.....say a tour costs $249 in one of the ports we are going to and is one we are interested in...........can I only use 100 of the credit for it....and have to pay the other $149..out of my pocket or will they let me use most of it for the tour......???......looks sort of like a poor perk if it forces me to pick cheap tours just to use up the $100 for the three tours and pay the rest.....my wife and I both have $300 each to spend on tours.....most of the ports are easy to do your own thing so not sure if this is such a good perk???....thoughts.....

When you book your shore excursions, book all you want and put them in your cart.(do not check out until this is done) Then go to check out the cart, if all of the excursions total $450 and you have 3 $100 credits, the $300 credit will be deducted from the $450 leaving you a balance of $150 to pay with a credit card. The wrong way to do this from my own experience is to put in the cart a $70 excursion and then check out, the $100 credit will pay the $70 but you will not get the $30 to use elsewhere on another tour. Note the language on the promo, one shore excursion credit up to $100 in value.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

When you book your shore excursions, book all you want and put them in your cart.(do not check out until this is done) Then go to check out the cart, if all of the excursions total $450 and you have 3 $100 credits, the $300 credit will be deducted from the $450 leaving you a balance of $150 to pay with a credit card. The wrong way to do this from my own experience is to put in the cart a $70 excursion and then check out, the $100 credit will pay the $70 but you will not get the $30 to use elsewhere on another tour. Note the language on the promo, one shore excursion credit up to $100 in value.

I had $200 shorex credit on my January cruise, and I was able to book tours in separate transactions. I booked inexpensive tours, and it let me use the "two tours up to $100 each" to pay for the three tours, which I hadn't expected.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

but you will not get the $30 to use elsewhere on another tour.

This was not the case on my cruises last fall.  The wording online looked like what you describe but I was able to book several lower priced excursions and still have the credit difference to use on other excursions.  Example: $200 in credits so booked a $50 plus a $125 plus a $25 and was even.  Total cost was able to be used up to the credit amount.  This is a good way to have it

~Nancy