BOA Points cashed - How long does it take to show up on invoice

Family cruise this summer, using all methods to help against the cost.

Two weeks ago I redeemed BOA Royal Caribbean credit card points to apply toward the cruise.  Today, it has yet to show up on RCL amount due with the invoice.

Any idea how long it takes?

Eddie

55 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Mine took only a few days to hit. I would call BOA and see what's going on.

I agree, my sister’s did not show up because she goofed up the date by 1 day.  They did not contact her and it had been longer than 2 weeks.  Once she called BOA, they fixed the date and they showed up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, luvkruzin said:

It normally shows up with in a few days. If it is longer that 10 days, just call Royal Caribbean. They will check it and get it fixed for you. 

Thanks for all the replies.  Mine has been 2 weeks since ordering the "Cruise Discount."  I called again yesterday, the third time, and received the third different response. This time, the answer was, they will not apply that discount until the date the cruise balance is due.  ????

I guess I will try again today and see if I get another response.

I can go to "My Rewards" at Bank of America and see the miles have been redeemed, with a transaction number, with the correct dollar amount, but it has not been applied on the RCCL invoice.

The balance is due in two weeks, and my worst nightmare is for DW and I to be cancelled for non-payment of the invoice, due to the "Cruise Discounts" not being applied.

Eddie 

Edited by Eddie Wilson

1 hour ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Thanks for all the replies.  Mine has been 2 weeks since ordering the "Cruise Discount."  I called again yesterday, the third time, and received the third different response. This time, the answer was, they will not apply that discount until the date the cruise balance is due.  ????

I guess I will try again today and see if I get another response.

I can go to "My Rewards" at Bank of America and see the miles have been redeemed, with a transaction number, with the correct dollar amount, but it has not been applied on the RCCL invoice.

The balance is due in two weeks, and my worst nightmare is for DW and I to be cancelled for non-payment of the invoice, due to the "Cruise Discounts" not being applied.

Eddie 

Perhaps it’s different if you would like OBC, but I experienced exactly what you did. My credit was not showing up against the price of the cruise and I was told on 2 separate phone calls that the credit would only be applied at final payment time —it could be a few days before or up to the due date.

My TA asks for final payment about 6 days before Royal’s due date. I think she wants to be sure there all clients are paid up eliminating any missed final payments. This was problematic for me though so I called a third time and asked what would happen to my credit if the cruise was paid up before the credit had been applied. I was reassured that the credit would go on to our credit card which was ok with me. I just didn’t want to lose the rewards.

As it turned out, I saw the credit was applied the day before our TA required final payment.

• Like 1