Alaska Cruise Question

Harry_D

The last night of our cruise we’re in Victoria, Canada from 6 pm to midnight. Is this the night that they have lobster tail at dinner? We are definitely missing dinner due to a tour. Or do they do it the night before which is a day at sea? Thank you…

Typically lobster tail night is 2 nights before the end of the cruise. It is never the last night of the cruise because the idea is that on that night you have packed all your Evening Chic clothing away in your suitcases and have them set out in the hallway to be picked up in preparation for disembarkation.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Harry_D said:

The last night of our cruise we’re in Victoria, Canada from 6 pm to midnight. Is this the night that they have lobster tail at dinner? We are definitely missing dinner due to a tour. Or do they do it the night before which is a day at sea? Thank you…

Definitely would not miss a tour or change itinerary for what Celebrity calls lobster tail.  Go into a restaurant that night in Victoria and order real lobster!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Agree lobster is not the last night, but given the choice of a great shore excursion in Victoria and a warm water "lobster" - would always do the shore excursion. 

I’m from Florida so I actually prefer warm water lobster over a Maine lobster, but I’m glad to hear it’s on night six…

We have visited Victoria, but not as a port stop.  It is a wonderful place although 6 pm-midnight is an odd time to me.  Then again, Victoria in the evening may be magical.  I hope you enjoy it.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We have visited Victoria, but not as a port stop.  It is a wonderful place although 6 pm-midnight is an odd time to me.  Then again, Victoria in the evening may be magical.  I hope you enjoy it.  

It's a required stop on the Seattle round trips to satisfy the PVSA.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

$762 is a hefty fee. We’re actually supposed to leave Victoria  at 11:59 pm. 

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Good point.  Makes sense.

1 minute ago, Harry_D said:

$762 is a hefty fee. We’re actually supposed to leave Victoria  at 11:59 pm. 

What is this fee?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Good point.  Makes sense.

What is this fee?

A cruise ship that isn’t registered in the United States is required to visit at least one port in a foreign country or the cruise line pays a fee of $762 per passenger  on the ship. 

that’s why the Alaska cruise I’m taking makes a short stop in Victoria, Canada. And it’s why all the cruises out of California stop in Mexico. Ships registered in the USA are not subject to that fine. 

I know, the cruise industry is weird… LOL

25 minutes ago, Harry_D said:

A cruise ship that isn’t registered in the United States is required to visit at least one port in a foreign country or the cruise line pays a fee of $762 per passenger  on the ship. 

that’s why the Alaska cruise I’m taking makes a short stop in Victoria, Canada. And it’s why all the cruises out of California stop in Mexico. Ships registered in the USA are not subject to that fine. 

I know, the cruise industry is weird… LOL

thanks. I'm quite aware of this.  I know it was waived temporarily for Alaskan cruises when Canada was shut down. The word "fee" confused me.  It sounded like it was a fee associated with stopping at Victoria. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1