Seabourn shore excursions?

lisa6191

What you also have to remember is Seabourn have a minimum number for tours and if thats not reached 36 hours before tour start the tour gets cancelled 

We did 65 day Grand Pacific kast year and were given a large OBC ...we assigned it all to yours right at start ...then in last 10 days one tour after another was cancelled by Seabourn with nothing to replace them and $1000 of non refundable OBC with zero in the shop to buy ...responses from Head Office 3 months later was " get stuffed "    and you wonder why they need to sell ships 

On 4/5/2023 at 1:40 AM, lisa6191 said:

We just booked a Greece/Turkey cruise for this fall and between the promotional OBC, OBC from our travel agent and OBC from a referral, we will end up with close to $2000 in OBC. The only way I can see to use anything close to that amount is through shore excursions (I realize there are other things but I don't think they will make a dent). I am usually a DIY person and we don't love big bus tours, so I was really not planning on doing ship excursions. How are the Seabourn excursions? I assume they vary, is there a way to tell which are smaller? The info on the site doesn't give a number of guests for each tour. I want to use the OBC, but I also don't want to spend all our time driving around in a big bus with tons of people! Or am I missing another way to use that amount of OBC?

Any help appreciated!

We haven’t cruised Seabourn yet (upcoming June cruise) ..just wondering could you not spend it in the jewellery store …assuming it has one…rather than on excursions (for the sake of spending the OBC) and perhaps you may not enjoy  ..at least jewellery would be more lasting .

Yes, there are boutiques on board with an array of jewellery, perfumes, clothing, quite a wide range, not cheap though as you would expect, Mrs Fudge could spend that OBC in a heartbeat in there.

Where in Cheshire are you? We have a place in Frodsham if you know it?

Yes, jewellery, designer handbags and some pretty nice clothes.  I have used up OBC on some of these at times.  The jewellery will include very expensive precious stuff, and some high end costume jewellery.  Useful if you need a present for a daughter, etc.  And high end cosmetics and scent too.

Or book a day or half day chauffeured car to take you where you choose to go at a port.  Very expensive, but an obvious choice for using a lot of OBC.

I think we have "met " on here before. My memory fails me these days, I think we discussed a referral?

I enjoy reading your well balanced posts and they bring a smile to my face. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janieb1962 said:

We haven’t cruised Seabourn yet (upcoming June cruise) ..just wondering could you not spend it in the jewellery store …assuming it has one…rather than on excursions (for the sake of spending the OBC) and perhaps you may not enjoy  ..at least jewellery would be more lasting .

That's also a good idea. Maybe I will check out the shop when we get there, and then if there are things I want I can cancel any shore excursions we aren't sure about. We have also booked massages and a couple of retreat days.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

• Like 1