Who is performing on Iona Limelight atm?

BertieRulesOK

6 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Lee Mead joins today for next week. Chesney Hawkes was last week.

Is there a list somewhere then?  I presume it's not something available to the public but it's always nice to know in advance who's onboard.

33 minutes ago, LouCD said:

It’s Ray Quinn on our 15th April Iona sailing 

We saw Ray Quinn on Iona in late Feb. He was brilliant, it was a great evening and he got a standing ovation at the end of his performance.

I’ve not bothered booking it to be honest as I don’t think we will eat the food there (fussy eaters) and didn’t want to pay for it. I’ve seen Ray previously at an Xmas do. He is good though so anyone who hasn’t seen him I’d recommended booking 

2 minutes ago, LouCD said:

I’ve not bothered booking it to be honest as I don’t think we will eat the food there (fussy eaters) and didn’t want to pay for it. I’ve seen Ray previously at an Xmas do. He is good though so anyone who hasn’t seen him I’d recommended booking 

The food was really good in there on Arvia this time

I preferred the desserts in there to the ones in Epicurean. And the rest matched up as well 

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Are they down to just one act per cruise now? When we were last on Britannia (pre Covid) there were at least 2 different acts rotating. May have even been 3. 

When we were on Iona in Feb/March. We had Ray Quinn the first week and Joel Harper Jackson the second week. As I have said before Ray Quinn was brilliant, Joel was also very good but didn’t engage with the audience as much as Ray. 

14 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Are they down to just one act per cruise now? When we were last on Britannia (pre Covid) there were at least 2 different acts rotating. May have even been 3. 

On Britannia is started as 3, then dropped down to 2. Last time the choice was Eric and Ern, or 4 poofs and a piano. We went for the poofs on the basis of a covid infection may affect the act. They would probably carry on with 3 poofs. We didn't like the original Eric and Ern, but an either or tribute , no thanks.

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

On Britannia is started as 3, then dropped down to 2. Last time the choice was Eric and Ern, or 4 poofs and a piano. We went for the poofs on the basis of a covid infection may affect the act. They would probably carry on with 3 poofs. We didn't like the original Eric and Ern, but an either or tribute , no thanks.

Like you, I wasn’t a great fan of the original Eric & Ern. Seemed quite dated humour even back in their prime. For that reason the tribute didn’t appeal, but friends saw them and really enjoyed it. We saw Darren Day (who was very good) and Claire Sweeney (not so good). I’m hoping that we have the drag act that others have recommended (Mary Mack?) when we are on Iona in August, as our daughters and their partners would really enjoy that. That may not be P&Os choice for a school holiday cruise though 😂 

7 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Like you, I wasn’t a great fan of the original Eric & Ern. Seemed quite dated humour even back in their prime. For that reason the tribute didn’t appeal, but friends saw them and really enjoyed it. We saw Darren Day (who was very good) and Claire Sweeney (not so good). I’m hoping that we have the drag act that others have recommended (Mary Mack?) when we are on Iona in August, as our daughters and their partners would really enjoy that. That may not be P&Os choice for a school holiday cruise though 😂 

Chesney Hawkes was surprisingly good. We only went for him as he was £3 cheaper than Gareth Gates.

• Like 2

We always go to Limelight on first night! To know where and when you're eating, with good entertainment, good food, good wine, after a long day travelling and embarkation. Best option for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jevsy said:

We always go to Limelight on first night! To know where and when you're eating, with good entertainment, good food, good wine, after a long day travelling and embarkation. Best option for us.

I think speciality dining booked tables on the first night do make good sense.