Persian Gardens

Gishua_

2 hours ago, GeorgiaRetiredCruisers said:

I did, thanks.  All I see included (not extra cost) are the tiled loungers, the sauna and shower.  Am I missing something?  This would be on the Solstice.

There are a couple of different saunas…Basically you have seen what there is.

We enjoy for a quiet half an hour occasionally on a port day (free perk with elite). It tends to be one of those spaces that some people love and will enjoy and others, like us, quickly find boring. We did have free access one cruise. On sea days we found it can be busy and, as with sun beds, you do get a few people who will settle rather than take turns or will talk loudly making it far less relaxing. We didn’t use it much..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeorgiaRetiredCruisers said:

I did, thanks.  All I see included (not extra cost) are the tiled loungers, the sauna and shower.  Am I missing something?  This would be on the Solstice.

No, you’re not. Celebrity charges a premium for a very underwhelming “thermal area” which includes a sauna, steam room, a sensory shower stall (or two) and some lukewarm tile loungers. I think on one ship (Silhouette, maybe) there was a snow room that didn’t have snow and on Reflection the area had more loungers. On Equinox there were 2 steam rooms… one was supposed to smell of eucalyptus. After the first or second visit the eucalyptus infusion wasn’t operational. We didn’t even bother with our free pass (Elite perk) when we sailed Solstice in March. IMO S class and M class thermal areas leave a lot to be desired. Not sure if E class have stepped up their game. There’s no way I’d pay what they are currently asking for the PG and I completely agree that a massage spa treatment should include a PG visit. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

6 hours ago, GeorgiaRetiredCruisers said:

What is Persian Gardens? Just the sauna?

There is a spa (massage plus facial treatments), heated loungers, steam room, etc.  All the employees are from Iran which is why they call it Persian Gardens**.

**That last statement may or may not be true.  🥸

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

...Not sure if E class have stepped up their game. ...

IMHO. Thermal Suite on Edge was nothing to write home about. If you like saunas okay.  Wish they had hot tubs or a pool. Not something I would pay extra for again.

• Thanks 1