Nextcruise booking not exactly what I was quoted

cfarrow2112

Hi all, so we booked an upcoming cruise when we were on an NCL cruise last Sept.

I booked 2 rooms on the Prima for the 4/23 departure to Bermuda and the Nextcruise person told me that it that the cost would be initially be $3500 per room, but said that after a week when the transaction was "processed", it would end up being $3200 per room due to the Nextcruise discount (and I'm not talking about the vouchers we received).  Well, as I speculated when I heard this... it never happened.  I can certainly call NCL and inquire about this, but I'm sure they are going to say "well, what proof do you have"?   Any suggestions on how to handle.  (I know, I should have gotten it in writing!)

Edited by cfarrow2112

Too many anomalies here to process...

First, it is CruiseNext, helps to use the correct terminology so people will at least think you know what you're talking about.

So you mention "when the transaction was 'processed'", but you don't explain what transaction that might be and/or why it would take a week. It is hard to comment on this as I don't know what it refers to.

You also say "Well, as I speculated when I heard this...". Could you elaborate? What specifically caused you to have this speculation? Was something said that did not line up with your past experience or something that you had in writing?

I can confirm that I did get a 10% discount for an onboard booking in September. 

I also got one in July but that one actually had a promo code (CNUD10) and was handled as you described- the discount applied after the cruise.

I'm pretty sure the September discount was added immediately,  no code that I can recall. 

3 hours ago, cfarrow2112 said:

Hi all, so we booked an upcoming cruise when we were on an NCL cruise last Sept.

I booked 2 rooms on the Prima for the 4/23 departure to Bermuda and the Nextcruise person told me that it that the cost would be initially be $3500 per room, but said that after a week when the transaction was "processed", it would end up being $3200 per room due to the Nextcruise discount (and I'm not talking about the vouchers we received).  Well, as I speculated when I heard this... it never happened.  I can certainly call NCL and inquire about this, but I'm sure they are going to say "well, what proof do you have"?   Any suggestions on how to handle.  (I know, I should have gotten it in writing!)

I am a little confused also.  Are you stating you booked a cruise in 9/2022 that is leaving this month (4/23/23)?  Did you never look at the confirmation that should have been emailed to you within minutes of booking? If you had a CruiseNext certificate worth $250 that was applied while on board that would take the $3500 cruise down to $3250 but not $3200.  Need more clarification on what transpired before any advice can be given. But basically this should have been taken care of before final payment and not 2 weeks prior to cruising. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I can confirm that I did get a 10% discount for an onboard booking in September. 

I also got one in July but that one actually had a promo code (CNUD10) and was handled as you described- the discount applied after the cruise.

I'm pretty sure the September discount was added immediately,  no code that I can recall. 

Now this makes sense but I would think when you looked at your confirmation you saw the price with the 10% included in the final total. I never leave the CN desk without something from them or the email they send immediately after booking and also never get off the phone when I make a change until I receive the confirmation. 

Contradictory to say you speculated something would happen, but did not make sure you got something in writing. There is a lesson there. Even if you do not expect anything to go wrong, you should always get a written confirmation.

When dealing with the snake oil people, otherwise known as CruiseNext, always, always, always get a written confirmation. Don't leave until they give it to you! Better yet, don't book a cruise with them. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and deal with whatever you have now. 

But, yes, you should call NCL and ask for a cruise confirmation to be sent to you. This will show you exactly what you have now. Otherwise, anything anyone tells you here is rank speculation. 

• Like 3

I recently purchased cruise next vouchers on board Norwegian Jade (4 x $250 vouchers for a total cost of $500) and at the same time made a booking for a future cruise using 2 of the voucher. I was told that I would received an email confirming the booking at the full price and after around 10 days I would receive another email confirming the reduced price after the 2 cruise next vouchers  had been deducted and this indeed happened exactly as I was advised . I was also told that I could apply the remaining 2 unused voucher to another existing booking that I had.
On my return home I contact my PCC and he indeed was able to apply the two remaining vouchers to an already existing booking, although I only had a defined period of time to do this otherwise they could only be used as a deposit for a new booking . So I am quite happy with the service and information received from the cruise next desk and will certainly be using the service again.