Car rental return location near Port Everglades with free shuttle to the port?

screenname2004

Port Everglades and the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International airport are pretty much adjacent to each other.

If you happened to be at a berth in the northern part of Port Everglades, there is a ZIPcar location nearby, but that is probably just a few feet (<1000), if that, than other choices.

We tried that when we left for the cruise we're on now.  DO NOT USE EASY RENT car rental. The advertise taking you to the terminal. Don't fall for it. Start to finish it was a horrible experience. Save yourself and book with someone else.

22 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

I tried to reserve a car with Budget with MIA as the pick up location, 2520 Miami Rd, Fort Lauderdale is not one of the possible return locations. FLL airport is. 

Can u try dropping at EV3? Ft Lauderdale Cruiseport Shttl (EV3)

This should work…

• Like 1

EV3 works for Budget.

For Hertz, even though Port Everglades is an option as drop off location, it will change to Ft. Lauderdale Airpot  (600 Terminal Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Fl) when prices are shown. A few years back, I thought they had a drop off location closer to the port.

18 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

EV3 works for Budget.

For Hertz, even though Port Everglades is an option as drop off location, it will change to Ft. Lauderdale Airpot  (600 Terminal Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Fl) when prices are shown. A few years back, I thought they had a drop off location closer to the port.

I stopped using Hertz after COVID when all those crazy stories were posted about accusing renters of stealing cars, etc.

So I am not yet familiar with the new office next to AVIS they were trying to open a few months ago. And I do not know about shuttle services. But try this as a destination - Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades HLE 

4 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

I stopped using Hertz after COVID when all those crazy stories were posted about accusing renters of stealing cars, etc.

So I am not yet familiar with the new office next to AVIS they were trying to open a few months ago. And I do not know about shuttle services. But try this as a destination - Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades HLE 

I tried " Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades HLE " before. However, it switched back to FLL airport after I selected the car type. I will likely go with Hertz because with the AAA discount, the total will be less than Budget even if I have to pay for a Uber ride from the airport to Port Everglades.

Edited by screenname2004