Prima Laundry Facilites

HellyBells

Sounds boring I know, but we have a long holiday coming up and despite looking at deck plans for Prima I cant find anything that suggests there are laundry facilities onboard. For such a large ship I would have thought they would have laundromats on each deck. Can anyone tell me what is available on Norwegian Prima? Thanks in advance.

• Host Kat locked and unlocked this topic
10 minutes ago, HellyBells said:

Sounds boring I know, but we have a long holiday coming up and despite looking at deck plans for Prima I cant find anything that suggests there are laundry facilities onboard. For such a large ship I would have thought they would have laundromats on each deck. Can anyone tell me what is available on Norwegian Prima? Thanks in advance.

Hello @HellyBells and welcome to Cruise Critic & the message boards!

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forumHowever, your thread was off topic there. That forum is for technical assistance in using these message boards.

To help you out, your new topic has been moved to the Norwegian Cruise Line forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed on Norwegian Prima frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you found us! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various message board forums. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Once you book your cruise, be sure to find & post on the Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your cruise if one has been started. For information about our Roll Calls, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships. We also have the following Cruise Critic article you might enjoy8 Reasons to Join a Cruise Critic Roll Call

I sincerely hope this will be helpful to someone new to posting on our message boards. We are glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure no Norwegian ship has self-service laundry.  There is a pay per item laundry where you put your clothes in a bag and leave the bag on your bed.  Your room steward will pick them up and return your clean clothes.  Sometimes there is a $20 or $25 fill a bag special where everything in the bag is cleaned for one set price. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HellyBells said:

Don't know of any NCL ship that has laundry facilities. That doesn't definitively mean there are none, just that I don't know of any. But they'll be happy to do your laundry for you- for a price, of course!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Other Tom said:

I'm pretty sure no Norwegian ship has self-service laundry.  There is a pay per item laundry where you put your clothes in a bag and leave the bag on your bed.  Your room steward will pick them up and return your clean clothes.  Sometimes there is a $20 or $25 fill a bag special where everything in the bag is cleaned for one set price. 

Going rate seems to be $29.  To the OP. As has been discussed here on CC ad-nauseum, the bags are small to ridiculous, so roll your clothes before putting in bag. You'll fit lots more rolled than just packed in willy-nilly.

• Like 3

Comparing the "per item" pricing with the "all you can stuff in this bag for $29" deal...we saved about $100 on our last trip 🙂

Comes back nicely folded in a little wicker basket (or 2 if your a good stuffer 😉 ) - well worth it after a day of off road buggies in the mud!

Edited by Brian V
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Brian V said:

Comparing the "per item" pricing with the "all you can stuff in this bag for $29" deal...we saved about $100 on our last trip 🙂

Comes back nicely folded in a little wicker basket (or 2 if your a good stuffer 😉 ) - well worth it after a day of off road buggies in the mud!

Comes back in much better shape than we can do at home. Just remember to remove the little tags they affix to each laundry piece. Or six months down the road, you'll be thinking to yourself

"what is that da*** itch"!!

19 hours ago, HellyBells said:

Hi.  I was on the Prima in February and unless I missed something, there are no laundry facilities on the ship, just the laundry bags to fill up and have the ship wash for you.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, VegasValentine said:

I am admittedly picky about laundry. Does anyone know if they allow a cool wash option, or will I return to a basketful of monkey-sized clothing?

If you're unwilling to just stuff your stuff in a bag and let the chips fall where they may, NCL laundry probably isn't for you. That said, pants, polos, t-shirts, shorts, socks, etc. have always been returned just fine for me.

Edited by IAcruising
  • Like 1