Concierge GTY cabin booked with Move Up question

crewsgirl

First Time Celebrity cruisers here. We are booked in a Concierge GTY cabin, paid in full, and now I am curious about this "move up" bidding process. On my actual reservation, I have a cabin number already assigned, (I was shocked that it was already there) And I clicked on the link to upgrade, and just wondering how likely it might be to upgrade to Aqua class. Or maybe a different position Concierge. The cabin assigned is partially obstructed, which I knew was a good chance, but a great midship location. I do believe the bed is near the balcony, and I prefer the bed closer to the bathroom. Tell me how it works please. TIA

27 minutes ago, bob1eagle2 said:

We received our upgrade from Concierge to Aqua on Saturday, so I am guessing you have a pretty good shot.  we originally requested the upgrade a month or so ago.

That's awesome! I am so jealous! Wondering if you would be willing to share your bid information? And I totally understand if you don't, but I have never done this, and I just booked this cruise 2 days ago. 

Go to Celebrity MoveUp if you did not receive an email.  Place a bid.  If your bid is accepted you can be reassigned.  The higher your bid the more likely it will be accepted.

There is a sticky at the top of the Celebrity Forum that shows info on actual MoveUp bids

You also certainly can request to be assigned a different cabin in Concierge with the bed by the bath.  They could say yes if you ask nicely.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Go to Celebrity MoveUp if you did not receive an email.  Place a bid.  If your bid is accepted you can be reassigned.  The higher your bid the more likely it will be accepted.

There is a sticky at the top of the Celebrity Forum that shows info on actual MoveUp bids

You also certainly can request to be assigned a different cabin in Concierge with the bed by the bath.  They could say yes if you ask nicely.

Thank you! I did submit a bid on the website, but I never received an email. I only booked this trip 3 days ago, so I am really late to the party, lol. Hoping my bid is accepted, it was more than I wanted to pay, but I think Aqua class would be lovely. I was surprised there was not an option to bid on a better location in Concierge. 

Sounds like a good idea to ask about moving to a different concierge cabin, but I was under the impression that once you are assigned on a GTY, there are no changes to be had. And of course, the QTY is a partial view, great midship location, but partial view is what it is. My husband doesn't care, lol. 

And Islander, what lucky friends! We are on Edge, and hope to get so lucky! I guess it depends how many cabins are available. Thanks for the encouragement!

11 hours ago, Islander500 said:

I have friends who just moved up from Concierge to AQ on a Solstice class  transatlantic for total of $450.  

14 hours ago, bob1eagle2 said:

We received our upgrade from Concierge to Aqua on Saturday, so I am guessing you have a pretty good shot.  we originally requested the upgrade a month or so ago.

Are you booked on the Edge? Or which ship? 

@crewsgirl  If there is a cabin available which you prefer over the one they assigned you in the same sub category you can call and generally they will switch you.   If you post the ship and current cabin number we can help you with recommendations.  

Edit:  I just read you are on the Edge.

I had one situation where they wouldn't let me change an assigned GTY cabin without paying the prevailing rate when I called Celebrity directly but my TA was able to do it when I could get hold of him.   It's worth a call.   With Celebrity if one agent says no then call again and you may get a different answer.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bob1eagle2 said:

We paid $170 (total for the both of us to upgrade from Concierge to Aqua.  We are on the Solstice.

\

Dang, the TA told me to put in $200, but when I started the link, the lowest bid was 300 per person. Were you able to just dial in any amount? or did you use the slider thingy on the website? 

And, we are assigned 11156, which I love Deck 11 and its midship, but it is the concierge cabin next to the Magic Carpet, so it states partial view. It also looks like the bed is next to the window. We've never seen that configuration before, so not really sure how I like that. Would love to hear your opinions on that setup. I'm sure there are other unobstructed views in Concierge that would make me happy. I do love Aqua class having access to the Thermal Suite, and I would pay for that anyway...hence the bidding process. 

23 minutes ago, crewsgirl said:

Dang, the TA told me to put in $200, but when I started the link, the lowest bid was 300 per person. Were you able to just dial in any amount? or did you use the slider thingy on the website? 

And, we are assigned 11156, which I love Deck 11 and its midship, but it is the concierge cabin next to the Magic Carpet, so it states partial view. It also looks like the bed is next to the window. We've never seen that configuration before, so not really sure how I like that. Would love to hear your opinions on that setup. I'm sure there are other unobstructed views in Concierge that would make me happy. I do love Aqua class having access to the Thermal Suite, and I would pay for that anyway...hence the bidding process. 

Upgraded company set the minimum bid , and it depends on what you paid for your cabin , so it hard to compared different bids without know how much they paid for there cabin 

• Like 1

I'm not an expert on Edge class ships as I'm not a fan of the IV rooms.   It looks like you were assigned a C3 cabin which means you would only be able to change to another C3 cabin if even allowed to switch.   This restricts you to the 2 cabins next to the Magic Carpet rails.   The one next to the rail like you have "might" be better as from what I've read the S3 suites have a window in the rail so you can probably see something through that window as well.

I do believe the one your assigned is bed by the bath because it has a sofa bed.   If you call to try to change you could just politely ask for one with bed by the balcony.

This video shows the room and the window in the rail and the obstruction.

Edited by wrk2cruise

10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm not an expert on Edge class ships as I'm not a fan of the IV rooms.   It looks like you were assigned a C3 cabin which means you would only be able to change to another C3 cabin if even allowed to switch.   This restricts you to the 2 cabins next to the Magic Carpet rails.   The one next to the rail like you have "might" be better as from what I've read the S3 suites have a window in the rail so you can probably see something through that window as well.

I do believe the one your assigned is bed by the bath because it has a sofa bed.   If you call to try to change you could just politely ask for one with bed by the balcony.

This video shows the room and the window in the rail and the obstruction.

Thank you wrk2cruise, yep, I see this cabin (video) is definitely partial view, and that is what our cabin 11156 will be, I thought I had read that if your cabin has the small square designating a sofa bed, then the bed is by the bath and I just looked at the deck plan closer, I don't see that small square....but hey, my eyes are old, I could be wrong. I think the bed is by the window, same as the cabin in your video above. Which might be great for room service, lol. I hope for $600 I will be moving into Aqua class, but we will see. My TA can't seem to tell me how many cabins are actually still available, so we will wait for the results. Hope they tell us before we board, lol. Thank you for finding this video, I have searched like crazy to find the exact cabin with no luck. 

17 minutes ago, njsmom said:

if you go to the sea scanner site it will tell you how many cabins are left in each category. just type it in without the space between the words and add dot and com to the end. 

Thank you! That is helpful, there are several A2 cabins, so maybe, just maybe....we'll see. A1 not so much. Also, to you experienced Celebrity cruisers....I booked it as cruise only, should I go back and try to add the beverage/tips package or is it too late? We aren't going to drink 9 drinks per day, maybe a glass of wine with dinner...so usually we just pay as we go. What is your thought on that? 

Since you booked a GTY rate it is probably too late to change to an AI pricing since you have a cabin assigned. 

If the website is still offering the Concierge GTY price with AI you could call and ask if you could "upgrade" to this.   Never hurts to ask.   Just make sure the pricing makes sense to you.

If you don't drink a lot and don't need internet then I'd stay with the cruise only rate and pay as you go.   You can get quite a few drinks for the $89 pp/pd they get for the bev package. 

You can also add the package at any time during the cruise.  So you could try pay as you go for a day or 2 and if it makes more sense to add the bev package you could do it for the remaining days of the cruise.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

Well, I am thinking doesn't Aqua class give you daily water/tea? And we take on 2 bottles of wine in our carry on each? Specialty coffee is my daily weakness, and yes, I like your plan. We can always add it later if we see that we need it. 

2 minutes ago, Hrhbob said:

Might I ask what/where is “sea scanner”?

It is a cruise sales website, ***** dot com and it looks very similar to the outlet that I purchased our cruise from. It does list all the cabins they show available in the different categories. 

11 hours ago, crewsgirl said:

Thank you wrk2cruise, yep, I see this cabin (video) is definitely partial view, and that is what our cabin 11156 will be, I thought I had read that if your cabin has the small square designating a sofa bed, then the bed is by the bath and I just looked at the deck plan closer, I don't see that small square....but hey, my eyes are old, I could be wrong. I think the bed is by the window, same as the cabin in your video above. 

According to photo's of cabin 11156 on Apex, the bed is by  the infinite veranda.  On the right hand side of the infinite veranda your view is blocked by one of the orange stanchions that support the Magic Carpet.  

image.thumb.png.b6a467d2dc742c8f53b428faa547506e.png

image.thumb.png.49b0a2e9d9611f7c9da95adeef476df9.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, njsmom said:

if you go to the sea scanner site it will tell you how many cabins are left in each category. just type it in without the space between the words and add dot and com to the end. 

Sort of.  Cabins will show incorrectly as booked if: on a courtesy hold, in  TA group block, part of a private party 5+ room block.  Also know some 5% cancell shortly before final payment and about 1% will be no shows for all sorts of reasons

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

According to photo's of cabin 11156 on Apex, the bed is by  the infinite veranda.  On the right hand side of the infinite veranda your view is blocked by one of the orange stanchions that support the Magic Carpet.  

image.thumb.png.b6a467d2dc742c8f53b428faa547506e.png

image.thumb.png.49b0a2e9d9611f7c9da95adeef476df9.png

Yes, I agree, I think this is the exact situation on Edge as well. It's not awful, my husband doesn't mind at all, but I would be thrilled with the bid upgrade. I prefer the bed by the bath. Thank you for this visual, that's helpful. 

• Like 1