Recent Verifly info

Mrs Soap

I had to use verifly recently at HAL’s direction - strictly to upload a positive Covid test result after we cancelled a few days before our April 1st 7-day Caribbean sailing (in order to request a future cruise credit).

I tried just scanning and emailing to HAL (email address provided by my TA) but HAL replied, “we are unable to receive your test results directly as a matter of personal identifiable information protection.” They insisted it had to go through Verifly.

It took a while but Verifly customer service people eventually gave me a step by step to re-enter the booking into their app, select “cancel my booking,” and upload.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a related question concerning Verifly usage at the Port of Vancouver.

Although usage of Verifly is not required, is it even used at all at this location? Is there a separate lane for Verifly to make for a smoother check-in (or has there ever been one)?

On 4/13/2023 at 7:39 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Verifly was NEVER required. We sailed 3 times in 2022...never used it.

Did you still receive the email from HAL requesting you use Verifly prior to boarding? We are embarking next week and I received that email today.

1 hour ago, funntheson said:

Did you still receive the email from HAL requesting you use Verifly prior to boarding? We are embarking next week and I received that email today.

I just got the same info. Cruise is Alaska to/from Seattle. Per Holland's website and my own knowledge, no vaccination required and no testing required, so I don't see the point in Verifly. 

I see someone mentioned ArriveCan. For those getting off for the few hour stop in Victoria, does that apply? Does it make enough difference to mess with it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, funntheson said:

Yes, they encouraged us to use Verifly, but it wasn't required and didn't hinder us in any way as we didn't have it. And this was 3 cruises in 2022, when there were more requirements and procedures to board.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 7:39 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Verifly was NEVER required. We sailed 3 times in 2022...never used it.

OK awesome, thanks! I'm not going to bother with it. I'll just make sure everyone in our party brings their proof of vaccine in case anyone asks. Verifly seems like such a pain!

• Like 1

ArriveCan is no longer a Canadian requirement. I went into the USA a couple of months ago, did not fill it out, and was not asked for it on my return to Canada. It too is a bit of a pain to set up and use, but it was required for an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver last summer. At a land border or an airport ArriveCan might still speed up entry. On a cruise where everyone has the same travel information, not so much.