Beyond Sky Suite configured to sleep four

brazcons

We are traveling with our two kids on Beyond this summer.  We’ve booked a Sky Suite but can’t find a picture of the suite configured for sleeping four using the sofa/trundle.  Does anyone have a picture or video of that?

We are going to be in the same situation for our 2024 cruise. I'll have a 12 and 13 year old so I'm hoping we can get a cot brought into the room maybe. It's hard to image that sofa in the pictures being large enough so I understand your need to see it in reality!

2 hours ago, brazcons said:

We are traveling with our two kids on Beyond this summer.  We’ve booked a Sky Suite but can’t find a picture of the suite configured for sleeping four using the sofa/trundle.  Does anyone have a picture or video of that?

There are several videos on YouTube touring the Sky Suite on the Beyond.  The videos don't acknowledge the trundle bed, but you can certainly see the sofa in the video. 

There are a few different Sky Suites on the Beyond, based on where the suite is located on the ship.  And the different Sky Suites seem to have the room configured slightly differently.  But, the sofa/trundle is always between the bed and the balcony. 

The trundle bed will be pulled out every evening (for sleeping) and will be put away (back to the regular sofa) in the morning when they make up your room. 

🛳enJOY

31 minutes ago, ewalla said:

It's hard to image that sofa in the pictures being large enough

I suspect the SS's that accommodate 4 have a different sofa.

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

I suspect the SS's that accommodate 4 have a different sofa.

Yes, I have seen two different types of sofas in the Sky suites.  One that is a chaise lounge with open space under it and one that is longer and clearly has something stored under it.  If nobody’s taken a picture of it made up, I’ll do so this summer and post it here for folks in the future.  

• Like 1

AFAIK there are no pull-out sofas on the Edge class ships.  They're all trundles.  One person would sleep on the trundle and the other would sleep on the sofa part.  The room attendant will dress those both up so that everyone is comfortable.

Here's a link from a S-class ship but it's the same concept.

alaska-cruise-ship-0032.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

looks tight..how old are the  kids?  

our grands are 7 and 3 so.it could work..but with older kids..seems a bit  tight and close..eso if one in upper area needs to go  to the bthrm

On 4/16/2023 at 12:28 AM, bEwAbG said:

AFAIK there are no pull-out sofas on the Edge class ships.  They're all trundles.  One person would sleep on the trundle and the other would sleep on the sofa part.  The room attendant will dress those both up so that everyone is comfortable.

Here's a link from a S-class ship but it's the same concept.

alaska-cruise-ship-0032.jpg

Thanks!  I appreciate the visual.  From what I’ve seen of the Edge Class Sky Suites, the rooms seem quite a bit bigger than this.  

Edited by brazcons