Pub singer on Harmony- no more?

I had a look at the app for Harmony cruise on 29th and it seems there is no longer music in the pub? Every cruise I've been on that had a pub (Quantum and Oasis class) had a guitar player who sang songs in the pub. What is showing is guitar "melodies" on Royal Promenade. Is this the space "above" the pub that us beside schooner? Very disappointing, beers and sing along with pub entertainer was how I liked to spend my evenings.

Edited by FirstCruise2331
  • Like 1

We also like hanging out in pub listening to music, since our other place jazz club disappeared, I would hate if this did also. By the way freedom , voyager and other classes had a singer guitarist in pub also. I doubt this will be removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FirstCruise2331 said:

I had a look at the app for Harmony cruise on 29th and it seems there is no longer music in the pub? Every cruise I've been on that had a pub (Quantum and Oasis class) had a guitar player who sang songs in the pub. What is showing is guitar "melodies" on Royal Promenade. Is this the space "above" the pub that us beside schooner? Very disappointing, beers and sing along with pub entertainer was how I liked to spend my evenings.

Just because it isn’t in the app doesn’t mean there won’t be music.  Maybe someone cruising now could confirm.  

• Like 3

There is guitar entertainment in the pub this week and next week.  Just because it is not listed in the app yet does not mean that it won't be available.  The entertainment list will continue to change with things added right up until you board the ship.  I'd expect a pub entertainer on your cruise. I wouldn't worry to much about it yet.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There is guitar entertainment in the pub this week and next week.  Just because it is not listed in the app yet does not mean that it won't be available.  The entertainment list will continue to change with things added right up until you board the ship.  I'd expect a pub entertainer on your cruise. I wouldn't worry to much about it yet.

Thanks Dave. Will check the cruise compass when on board. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FirstCruise2331 said:

The app for your sailing has a lot of wrong or missing information and wont be accurate until you board.  Change the date to the current weeks sailing to get a better idea of watt is offered.

• Like 1

There was music in the afternoon/early evening at Schooner's every day I cruised, April 1-8. I went into the pub during the day, not the evening, but bambam says there was on the cruise after mine, so you should be set. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, njsmom said:

There was music in the afternoon/early evening at Schooner's every day I cruised, April 1-8. I went into the pub during the day, not the evening, but bambam says there was on the cruise after mine, so you should be set. 

We spent lots of time in different schooner bars in last 30 plus years listening to very talented piano players, just depends if you prefer guitar player or piano players . 

3 hours ago, George C said:

We spent lots of time in different schooner bars in last 30 plus years listening to very talented piano players, just depends if you prefer guitar player or piano players . 

I enjoy piano in Schooner too but for me nothing beats an acoustic and a good singer. Have seen some brilliant musicians in the pub.. amazing what some can do with a loop pedal. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FirstCruise2331 said:

Oh great thanks. Was he/she any good? Hope you had a great cruise. 

His name is Luca and was good! We didn't spend as much time there as we usually do, but enjoyed his music.

There was also a talented and entertaining piano player in Schooner if you want to mix it up some nights. (I'm blanking on his name. I remember Luca because I have a little one named Luke, lol)

Edited by bambam2972
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 12:07 AM, bambam2972 said:

His name is Luca and was good! We didn't spend as much time there as we usually do, but enjoyed his music.

There was also a talented and entertaining piano player in Schooner if you want to mix it up some nights. (I'm blanking on his name. I remember Luca because I have a little one named Luke, lol)

Thanks, will check both out.

on the current Harmony cruise, they are listing "Pub Entertainment with Luca" every night.

It's likely just not there yet, I'm on 5/6 and they haven't posted anything for us besides the big shows.

They also have guitar with Jed (who is moving round the ship, never in the same place twice) and piano with Josh in Schooners except for one night when they have the "Gease" conductor (yes they spelled it Gease), Kevin, playing piano.

There's always one typo, on my last cruise they offered Cake Decortating.

Edited by makiramarlena
  • Like 1