Joy late disembark today?

Sand and Seas

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Does anyone know why Joy is so late disembarking today?  It's past 11am and we are sitting in Miami terminal watching a good number of people still walking off the ship.

Seems to be the norm. Last week was a complete fuster cluck disembarking.  Same with embarking April 1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Seems to be the norm. Last week was a complete fuster cluck disembarking.  Same with embarking April 1. 

This new norm makes for a crowded terminal. Lots of people without a seat and grumpy🤨  Boarding started about noon.

We were off at 8:05 am today everything looked normal. Last Saturday it was 11:15 before all had disembarked and the week before also.

We docked at 4:30 this morning that’s not the problem, was a full ship but wasn’t crowded.

There were a few spring breakers but not in my mind a reason just seamed people were confused.

when we embarked late on March 25 and disembarked late on April 1 we were told it was because border control insisted on checking everyone, and it was causing delays.  They were hoping to work with them to improve the situation, it seems that has yet to be successful.

6 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Hopefully our disembark in 12 days will be smoother.  One more day on your cruise?  Enjoy 😊

Disembark tomorrow. 

C Next certs must be booked and cruised within a year from the date issued. I had 4 cruises booked this year and had no plans on adding a fifth before next April, so I rolled my points forward and may get one late this year. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Disembark tomorrow. 

C Next certs must be booked and cruised within a year from the date issued. I had 4 cruises booked this year and had no plans on adding a fifth before next April, so I rolled my points forward and may get one late this year. 

One year?   It was still four years a few weeks ago?

18 hours ago, flacity49 said:

We were off at 8:05 am today everything looked normal. Last Saturday it was 11:15 before all had disembarked and the week before also.

We docked at 4:30 this morning that’s not the problem, was a full ship but wasn’t crowded.

There were a few spring breakers but not in my mind a reason just seamed people were confused.

Wasn’t crowded? Were we on the same cruise? Pool deck was mayhem, took at least 15mins to get a drink, elevators were always full and stopped at every floor. Buffet was always jammed at breakfast and lunch. Dinner service was horrible in Manhattan and Taste/savor. Were there quiet areas? Yes, observation lounge was always good. Ship was way too crowded for my liking. And the embarkation line took us a solid hour and they were still calling colors. Made no sense. 

Edited by Nyc2tropics

When we were waiting to embark Joy on 3/18, we were glaring at the tardy folks getting off the ship after 11 AM. We didn't board until after noon (Haven, my husband was the first one onboard). I'm sorry NCL is still screwing disembarkation up in Miami. But, not surprised.