Viking Ocean Rookie Experience

cruisewiscrrq

3 minutes ago, junglejane said:

Thanks this is helpful. Do I need to set up the ACH ahead of time (is that even possible) or just be ready with my bank routing and account info, do it the first time, check out and then repeat?

MVJ allows you to enter the ACH info ahead of time for excursion purchases but not credit card info. The credit card info you enter before hand is only used for onboard purchases, not for pre-board excursion purchases.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Thanks 1

Well we are in Bergen.  Was a long day of flying and waiting.  Delta special services was great.  Wheelchair to gate and to plane door in Atlanta. Then cart ride through Amsterdam airport. Then another wheelchair to curb in Bergen.  Took Flybussen to right in front of our hotel.  200 Kroner (about $20 US for two seniors paid online in advance) and a 40 minute ride and literally dropped us at door of Clarion Collection Hotel.  Pleasant surprise was an upgrade to a huge corner suite because of my wife’s birthday ( they knew because I had ordered flowers). Had free pancakes at 3:00 PM and the small dining room was full. Everyone likes free pancakes I guess!  Highly recommended this hotel. We can see our ship from our suite. Embarkation tomorrow, could walk but cobblestones and mobility impaired wife means a cab.  Dinner details and boarding experience in next post.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

You might want to start a separate LIVE posting of your trip so people can follow along.

Yes please Midnight Sun was a cruise we had to cancel last year because of catching Covid the week before.  My wife is mildly mobility impaired with torn hip ligaments.  She can walk but climbing and rough terrain can be a problem so I will interested to see how you make the most of this sailing for when we rebook.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

You might want to start a separate LIVE posting of your trip so people can follow along.

Yes, please do.

You have a lot to share and a lot more people will follow along when they see that you are talking about a specific itinerary. Title it something like "LIVE from the (Itinerary name) (dates)"

• Like 4