What happened to Brilliant Lady

Wildcatllamas

6 minutes ago, DrSch said:

This is a much better portion of the offer for me as I booked a sea terrace solo for 1700.

Change of sailing: Passengers have the liberty to choose any other sailing in the same cabin category without worrying about the price difference. In cases where the new sailing is priced lower, the difference will be refunded.

Me too! Hopefully we get to keep all our perks. 

What worries me is what does the below mean? "When new dates announced" surely they would just offer the rebooking options from today?

Guests with bookings that have been cancelled will receive generous offers along with exclusive rebooking perks and on-board credit once the new date is announced.

2 minutes ago, jamesv92 said:

What worries me is what does the below mean? "When new dates announced" surely they would just offer the rebooking options from today?

Guests with bookings that have been cancelled will receive generous offers along with exclusive rebooking perks and on-board credit once the new date is announced.

“Generous” is relative. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrSch said:

The Press release from Virgin doesn't show either of the ships doing the April Transatlantic.  What remains untold is when they will actually sail the Brilliant, and what routes she will take.

It states Scarlet moves to Barcelona. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

It states Scarlet moves to Barcelona. 

The press release from Virgin says
After a short period in dry dock for general maintenance, enhancements, and recalibrations, Scarlet Lady will spring back into action with a 16-night Transatlantic voyage from Rome to Miami. This new itinerary boasts calls in Funchal (Madeira, Portugal) as well as Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Spain).   So it looks like it may turn into a 16 night.

:

Edited by DrSch
  • Like 1

Just now, DrSch said:

The press release from Virgin says
After a short period in dry dock for general maintenance, enhancements, and recalibrations, Scarlet Lady will spring back into action with a 16-night Transatlantic voyage from Rome to Miami. This new itinerary boasts calls in Funchal (Madeira, Portugal) as well as Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Spain). 

:

It also states “Next summer between May and October 2024, Scarlet will soak up the Mediterranean sun, taking on Valiant Lady’s two seven-night itineraries”

therefore the April transatlantic on Scarlet happens as planned so it can do Barcelona. 

basiclaly with Scarlet nothing has changed, except there will be new repositioning cruises in November 2024. Everything that’s been on sale for the last year remains going always on Scarlet Lady.

9 minutes ago, jamesv92 said:

So does it mean I can only rebook to the same category only on BL, or on any other ship? 

The release says "From January through March 2024, she will operate out of San Juan, Puerto Rico, offering two southern Caribbean voyages originally scheduled for Brilliant Lady including “The Southeastern Caribbean Isles” and “Sunsets in the Lesser Antilles.” (talking about VL).  This leads me to believe VL will do the Miami-San Juan mermaiden, but I wish they would have just said "Dec 24 2023 through March 2024"...

Couple of questions .... Forgive me if I'm sounding crazy....Dealing with a few cabins/family. 

Should we expect a call for email from VV directly or our TA if we are currently on the BL San Juan departures? I have a call into her, but know she probably has a huge headache today and don't know how quickly she'll be able to respond.

Wondering if we will be switched to the same or similar location cabins on VL that we have already booked on BL? Would we have priority over people who were cancelled on VL and want to rebook for the San Juan trips.

Do you think we will be offered any extra perks for having to cruise on the VL from San Juan instead of the new BL??

The Scarlett already had a TA planned for May so it would not replace the Brilliant on this trip.

I have a call coming in from my Regional Sales Manager later today, so I will get as much info and details as I can.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tbmrt said:

Couple of questions .... Forgive me if I'm sounding crazy....Dealing with a few cabins/family. 

Should we expect a call for email from VV directly or our TA if we are currently on the BL San Juan departures? I have a call into her, but know she probably has a huge headache today and don't know how quickly she'll be able to respond.

Wondering if we will be switched to the same or similar location cabins on VL that we have already booked on BL? Would we have priority over people who were cancelled on VL and want to rebook for the San Juan trips.

Do you think we will be offered any extra perks for having to cruise on the VL from San Juan instead of the new BL??

As a TA, I can tell you we know nothing more than you do at this point. 
I doubt there will be perks for the change of ships

• Like 1

just got this...

Canceled Sailings

Brilliant Lady’s MerMaiden voyages sailing on December 24th and December 30th, 2023
 Brilliant Lady’s 7-night Sunsets in the Lesser Antilles departures on January 6th, March 30th, and April 13th, 2024
 Brilliant Lady’s 7-night Southeastern Caribbean Isles departures on March 23rd and April 6th, 2024
 Brilliant Lady’s 11-night Transatlantic Puerto Rico to Portugal departing April 20th, 2024
 Valiant Lady’s 6-night Western Caribbean Charm departures from January 7th, 2024 through March 17th, 2024
 Valiant Lady’s 8-night Eastern Caribbean Antilles departures from January 13th, 2024 through March 23rd, 2024
 Resilient Lady’s 7-night Adriatic Sea & Greek Gems departures from July 28th through September 29th, 2024
 Resilient Lady’s 7-night Greek Island Glow departures from August 4th through October 13th, 2024

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

just got this...

Canceled Sailings

Brilliant Lady’s MerMaiden voyages sailing on December 24th and December 30th, 2023
 Brilliant Lady’s 7-night Sunsets in the Lesser Antilles departures on January 6th, March 30th, and April 13th, 2024
 Brilliant Lady’s 7-night Southeastern Caribbean Isles departures on March 23rd and April 6th, 2024
 Brilliant Lady’s 11-night Transatlantic Puerto Rico to Portugal departing April 20th, 2024
 Valiant Lady’s 6-night Western Caribbean Charm departures from January 7th, 2024 through March 17th, 2024
 Valiant Lady’s 8-night Eastern Caribbean Antilles departures from January 13th, 2024 through March 23rd, 2024
 Resilient Lady’s 7-night Adriatic Sea & Greek Gems departures from July 28th through September 29th, 2024
 Resilient Lady’s 7-night Greek Island Glow departures from August 4th through October 13th, 2024

We all got sent the First Mates mail shot...

Virgin Voyages

An important update regarding Brilliant Lady.

Ahoy First Mate,

Because of some unexpected construction, supply chain, and staffing challenges, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the launch of Brilliant Lady. We know our First Mates & Sailors have high expectations for the award winning service and experience we deliver onboard and until we can meet those standards we won't deliver Brilliant Lady into service. This change means that our three other gorgeous lady ships will also be shifting their schedules, resulting in some cancellations and revised sailings. We’ll be reaching out to impacted Sailors, but we wanted to make sure that you have the inside intel 
first.

If you have impacted Sailors, you will receive a more detailed email on all their options and next steps — because we want to make sure they have as many options as possible in terms of rebooking or getting a refund.

Canceled Sailings

Revised Sailings

Select 2024 winter Caribbean voyages scheduled for Brilliant Lady will now be operated by Valiant Lady.

Brand new Itineraries and ports

27 new itineraries and 19 new ports will be launching for the 2024/2025 season on September 11th.

Our commitment to keeping your commission

Please know that we’ll be protecting your commission on the original booking for the full amount of the Brilliant Lady voyage fare if your Sailors move to a new voyage or were scheduled to be on the Brilliant Lady MerMaiden. For Valiant and Resilient Lady cancellations, we will be protecting the commission on the amount the Sailor has paid thus far. On top of that, we’re offering a bonus commission for all rebooked voyages. Check out our Sailor Itinerary Options PDF for the best voyage options for your Sailors.

Again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and our hope is that our offers not only show just how much your Sailors and your partnership mean to us, but still gives them incredible getaways to look forward to.

We appreciate your patience and kindness through this process, and we can't wait to see your Sailors on board soon.

Your Virgin Voyages Crew

• Like 2

Andy:

Where did you get that information?  I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with VV and they provided me no information about my TA cruise other than it was still going.  They also would not provide me with any information about the ship or other cancelled sailings.  I read the agent their own words from the website about the delay, and she just kept apologizing for no information and told me to contact my TA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ranger1227 said:

Andy:

Where did you get that information?  I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with VV and they provided me no information about my TA cruise other than it was still going.  They also would not provide me with any information about the ship or other cancelled sailings.  I read the agent their own words from the website about the delay, and she just kept apologizing for no information and told me to contact my TA.

@Ranger1227 we all just got an email that i assume was where someone clicked to send to all sailors, but meant first mates. 

I have cut and paste the whole email above. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ranger1227 said:

Andy:

It was a mail shoot to first mates.. TAs must have just received it