Will I be able to swim on my May 1st to May 13th Spain, France, Italy cruise? Celebrity Edge

tusconcam

Maybe a very subjective question; given that no one can precisely predict the weather 100 percent, or can tell what water temperature I can endure; but I was hoping for those who have been on such a cruise if you could tell me if the pool deck was busy and temps warm enough for sunning and swimming.

Much appreciated.

P.S Sea days are May 3rd and  May 1oth

Last year same period the weather was very good during our Barcelona, France, Italy cruise and reached up to 26 degrees.  People were definitely sunning and swimming.onboard Beyond.

However nobody can predict how your cruise will be.

On most of the cruises the pool were chilly but swimmable in May in that region.  As long as you are protected from the wind you will find it very comfortable for sunbathing.

As for the Ocean, May I suggest a couple resources for you.    There is a Free APP called Windy and one of the features is to show temperature -

My own experience would be that it will be too cold to swim in the Atlantic and Mediterranean this early in the season.   Remember you are not in the Caribbean and water temperatures even in August are not much higher than 72F  

Like you say it is subjective and at my HOA we have a Russian couple that swim daily even when the pool is unheated and down to 55F.   Personally I cringe when I see them jump in.

A second resource with any question is to Google -  e.g.   Water Temperature Lisbon -

image.thumb.png.d756204b3d68b324274af6eff5de174f.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

And there is the indoor pool so will definitely be able to swim. But laying out by the pool in the sun was probably more what you were asking. 

I’m doing the Baltics in late June/early July and not counting on super warm days. I’ll sit in a lounger with jeans, that’s okay with me. You can google average temps for that area to get some idea. But weather is a always a luck of the draw.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tusconcam said:

Maybe a very subjective question; given that no one can precisely predict the weather 100 percent, or can tell what water temperature I can endure; but I was hoping for those who have been on such a cruise if you could tell me if the pool deck was busy and temps warm enough for sunning and swimming.

Much appreciated.

P.S Sea days are May 3rd and  May 1oth

We did Alaska last year in September and there were plenty of die-hards swimming, however just being on the deck outside was too cold for me.  Fortunately the ship had also an indoor pool area for adults.  They do have about two hours of family time in the indoor pool.  I get cold easily so this is a hard question to answer.  I live in the Los Angeles area and if it gets to the 50's we are pulling out our heavy winter coats like we are in a New York blizzard.

Every cruise I have ever done has had someone swimming in the outdoor pool, despite how bundled up I was as I did my walk on the walking track.  So - you can always give it a try.  As you say - you can't predict the weather, or one's tolerance for the water temperature.  Plan to swim and you can always use the indoor pool if all else fails.