If the shore excursion you want…

gailellen12

If you go through the purchase process now you will be waitlisted.  They will email you and give you so long to buy then you can ignore or buy.  NOTE:  this will be for the exact excursion you buy, if another time is added you need to buy that separately.  Once on the ship be sure to check in at the shore ex desk to get the latest info. 

I was waitlisted for an excursion on my last cruise.  Never got an email saying "Surprise!  A spot opened up for you" BUT a note was on my bed on embarkation day that I had the excursion.  Sad thing was, after a little "tiff" (I think) between the tenders and HAL crew, 12 of us had to take the next tender.  And the excursion left without us.  I just went my original plan to do some walking but was really bummed!!

15 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

I was waitlisted for an excursion on my last cruise.  Never got an email saying "Surprise!  A spot opened up for you" BUT a note was on my bed on embarkation day that I had the excursion.  Sad thing was, after a little "tiff" (I think) between the tenders and HAL crew, 12 of us had to take the next tender.  And the excursion left without us.  I just went my original plan to do some walking but was really bummed!!

This happened to us too.  We were never notified we got off the waitlist but had a note on our bed when we embarked.  Thankfully we had enough time to cancel the other excursion we had booked (that one was non-HAL)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vlbradley21 said:

This happened to us too.  We were never notified we got off the waitlist but had a note on our bed when we embarked.  Thankfully we had enough time to cancel the other excursion we had booked (that one was non-HAL)

That's good to know, thank you. We're wait listed for an excursion on our upcoming cruise and would prefer not to clear the wait list until we board so we can use our OBC. We probably won't go on the excursion if we have to pay for it.