Crew Fund

bogey

On 4/22/2023 at 11:16 PM, lincslady said:

our dinner table companions were from a group on board of American morticians!  They were great fun.

can't help myself - can you say more? - my dear Uncle Harold was a mortician, we had such fun in his basement while the grown-ups enjoyed their wine

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

can't help myself - can you say more? - my dear Uncle Harold was a mortician, we had such fun in his basement while the grown-ups enjoyed their wine

Screenshot2024-03-14at8_26_29PM.thumb.png.f3775458f7b249b057db729e919c3fe5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/19/2023 at 6:20 PM, Observer said:

It is indeed the case that "no additional tips are required."

However, tips are certainly expected by butlers, suite attendants, as well as those waiters, bartenders, and pool staff who have served you repeatedly and effectively during your cruise. I discussed this matter recently with a senior manager in the hotel department, who acknowledged that staff expect tips and that the cruise line accepts this reality because "it motivates people." 

In my hundreds of nights on Silversea, I have come to know many staff quite well, and I have discussed this matter with them.  Yes, they appreciate good comments on the end-of-cruise survey. But good comments do not help pay school fees for their children.  

I really think that Silversea is misleading in saying "gratuities included."  This means nothing more than the crew are paid a salary. I wish Silversea raised fares, increased salaries for the wonderful and hard-working crew,  and announced that gratuities were forbidden and that any crew member accepting a gratuity would not receive further contracts on Silversea .

The fairest approach would be to offer passengers who want to pay more the option to do so. That way you could pay the higher fare you wish for, but I could continue to pay the lower fare that I wish to pay. Everyone would be happy!😃 

• Haha 1