Crew Fund

bogey

On 4/19/2023 at 5:21 PM, turtlemichael said:

Go to Reception and they will organize it. You cannot use credits you have on your account. You need to put in real money (in our case via credit card). I think that there must be some sort of list in the crew quarters as we have always been thanked by crew members.

We have the same experience; we donate at the reception and after that the crew members thank us

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pavementends said:

dress code

reserved loungers

not my favorite soft drink/ wine/ spirit

things not what they used to be

tipping

are we done now?

I've also seen Not my favorite brand/blend of tea or coffee appearing more frequently... 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

and best not mention the apparently diabolical state of the tonic water selection since RCI took over. 

I often wonder if people query their hotels in advance regarding specific brands in stock 😅.

Now, I must confess that during my years of frequent business travel, my briefcase contained a few tea bags in my preferred blends primarily for use on flights.  A coworker of mine observed my use of my own Earl Grey tea bag on a flight and said "You know, that seems really high maintenance - but at least you're self-maintained!."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thank you to all those that made me laugh today!

Also, for bringing the crew fund to my attention, our second Silversea cruise is coming up and it is nice to know about that option. 

• Like 5

I apologize, I didn’t think this through. If I had, I would have realized that my post would lead to an excited debate about tipping. — the “third rail” of Silversea discussion groups.

I do appreciate the two or three folks who, while not really answering my question, at least  addressed it. 

But I do have one more question — is a Tuxedo really expected to be worn on formal nights, or will a nice pair of jeans suffice?    JUST KIDDING. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I hope I’m not banned from these boards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bogey said:

But I do have one more question — is a Tuxedo really expected to be worn on formal nights, or will a nice pair of jeans suffice?    

A nice pair of jeans will certainly suffice in the Grill/Hot Rocks on formal nights.  

12 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

and best not mention the apparently diabolical state of the tonic water selection since RCI took over. 

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bogey said:

I apologize, I didn’t think this through. If I had, I would have realized that my post would lead to an excited debate about tipping. — the “third rail” of Silversea discussion groups.

I do appreciate the two or three folks who, while not really answering my question, at least  addressed it. 

But I do have one more question — is a Tuxedo really expected to be worn on formal nights, or will a nice pair of jeans suffice?    JUST KIDDING. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I hope I’m not banned from these boards. 

Jeans with a Satin stripe down the side would be the thing surely.

If I showed up at the Grill in my classic bell-bottomed skinny jeans with paisley bell inserts at side seams, with a white linen Indian dhoti on top, with large peace symbol on gold chain, and Birkenstocks - would that pass muster? Or would I be subject to the obligatory keel-hauling??  🤩  Need to know whether need to pack Scuba gear or no....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

If I showed up at the Grill in my classic bell-bottomed skinny jeans with paisley bell inserts at side seams, with a white linen Indian dhoti on top, with large peace symbol on gold chain, and Birkenstocks - would that pass muster? Or would I be subject to the obligatory keel-hauling??  🤩  Need to know whether need to pack Scuba gear or no....

No,I would ask you for more poppadoms as it would be Indian Market evening.

51 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Since Silversea only came into being in 1994, you might consider a ship more early-70's for that attire for your next cruise.  Wow ... just realized that RCCL launched their first ship, Song of Norway, in 1970.  Has it really been so long?

Then again, we still have a few spots here in Colorado where you would go completely unnoticed!

• Haha 1

We live in Eugene, Oregon, which is truly where old hippies go to die.  In fact, a local cemetery has a tricked out VW bus that you can have your urn of ashes placed in.  Ken Kesey is from just out of town, some of the Merry Pranksters can still be seen at the grocery stores, the Grateful Dead were regulars here at local events and playing at the U of O football stadium for years, and the Country Fair is now in its 52nd year, originally a sort of Scarborough Fair in a country setting, that morphed into a giant amoeba like hippy drug sodden 3 day event.  You still see people wearing the outfit I described, and lots of tie dye, and dreadlocks down to their (unshod feet).  Many of the former Yurt-in-a-Commune dwellers now have thriving businesses, live in McMansions and drive Tesla's hither and yon, although a few still have the olde VW Microbus in the third garage bay.  A bit like a living history museum here.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Since Silversea only came into being in 1994, you might consider a ship more early-70's for that attire for your next cruise.  Wow ... just realized that RCCL launched their first ship, Song of Norway, in 1970.  Has it really been so long?

Then again, we still have a few spots here in Colorado where you would go completely unnoticed!

I went on Song of Norway a few times.

Song of America also.

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

That rings a bell - my first cruise was on Song of America,  and our dinner table companions were from a group on board of American morticians!  They were great fun.

It's still sailing with Celestyal cruises

It's forty two years old.

• Like 1