Boarding Time.

22 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Have done a few RCCL cruises but just can’t remember…Please can anyone help ?

How soon can I book boarding time ?

Many thanks.

We just checked in and chose boarding time yesterday, for a cruise 45 days out. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Technically that is Pier Check in time, not actually Boarding time

Talk about splitting hairs..you managed to work out what was meant !!!

19 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

We just checked in and chose boarding time yesterday, for a cruise 45 days out. 

Many thanks.

Just now, Reina del Mar said:

Many thanks.

True but just repeating whats stated on here all the time. Many others are not aware or complain when they have to wait and dont "Board" until well after after Check in

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

It’s not splitting hairs, when the complainers take things literally, if their check in/arrival time says 10:30, and they don’t start boarding until 11:30. They will be the first ones in line at guest services, wanting some type of compensation.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

True but just repeating whats stated on here all the time. Many others are not aware or complain when they have to wait and don’t  "Board" until well after after Check in

Can you remind me what RCCL call it, please ?

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

It’s not splitting hairs, when the complainers take things literally, if their check in/arrival time says 10:30, and they don’t start boarding until 11:30. They will be the first ones in line at guest services, wanting some type of compensation.

In the 10 cruises I've done since the start up I've yet to see a case where Royal has issued a check in time of 10:30 and not started boarding until 11:30.  The latest I've seen them start boarding has been 10:45 which basically means that if you show up at your scheduled time you are walking right on the ship after spending a bit of time going through security and check in.  I think its pretty safe too use the two terms interchangeably.

For those ships where they intend a later boarding time they have a later check in time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In the 10 cruises I've done since the start up I've yet to see a case where Royal has issued a check in time of 10:30 and not started boarding until 11:30.  The latest I've seen them start boarding has been 10:45 which basically means that if you show up at your scheduled time you are walking right on the ship after spending a bit of time going through security and check in.  I think its pretty safe too use the two terms interchangeably.

For those ships where they intend a later boarding time they have a later check in time.

I was just using an example. Any delays, which do happen, could cause delay in boarding. Does it happen, not usually, but it could, especially with the dreaded surprise inspections. It’s happened to me in the past, twice.

Edited by crzndeb

I've posted this once before and stated that things may have changed and am more than open to being corrected if any of the following isn't true or incorrect, now:

In the interest of using the proper terminology and Terminal language, there are really only three important terms that are being used incorrectly, in some cases.

1.  Boarding Time: This is a term of the past.  It no longer has any real importance to the terminal/embarkation process.

2.  Check-In:  Check-In can have two separate functions.  Check-in is when you go online when it is available, either on the app or on the RCCL Website, and fill in your boarding information and get your "Arrival Time".  You also Check-In within the Terminal after your "Arrival Time".  You don't have to Check-In before your "Arrival Time" but it will slow down your boarding process.

3.  Arrival Time:  That's the time you get when you precheck in to arrive at the Terminal.  It is not a "Boarding Time".  

Note:  If the ship is delayed for whatever reason and you can't board right away when the ship is ready to start the boarding/embarkation process, they will start calling out "Arrival Times" to start the boarding process.  Let's say they start boarding the ship at noon, they will start calling for "Arrival Times" starting at the first Arrival Time which is usually 10:30.   However, suites and badged cruisers go on before the Arrival Times.  

• Like 2