Why is Celebrity selling wheelchair accessible suites to people who don't need them?

Sigyn

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Completely agree!! We're sailing (different cruise line) with our Daughter & Family in June and it never dawned on me that not having a raised toilet is going to be an issue since my knee replacement 7 months ago.  

Just contact special needs department. They will be able to provide a raised toilet seat - makes life so much easier! https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Guest-Special-Needs-Form.pdf

Edited by 4Nathan
Typo

2 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

My DW and her mother had an accessible cabin on Millie as well and reported the same shower disaster.

it's very odd that they do not have a rubber lip for the roll-in shower. I am used to accessible showers. we have an accessible bathroom in our home because I was a caregiver for my mom and she needed it. it's very simple to keep the water from flooding the bathroom if the shower is properly designed. Fail for Celebrity. 

Edited by njsmom

10 minutes ago, njsmom said:

it's very odd that they do not have a rubber lip for the roll-in shower. I am used to accessible showers. we have an accessible bathroom in our home because I was a caregiver for my mom and she needed it. it's very simple to keep the water from flooding the bathroom if the shower is properly designed. Fail for Celebrity. 

On the M class, there is virtually no slope in the shower and it leads to a huge flood when you use it. We were put into an accessible cabin (Aqua Class) on Apex, the shower had more slope and the curtain had a heavy bottom so we had almost no water issues.

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

On the M class, there is virtually no slope in the shower and it leads to a huge flood when you use it. We were put into an accessible cabin (Aqua Class) on Apex, the shower had more slope and the curtain had a heavy bottom so we had almost no water issues.

Good to know we won’t have water leaks on Beyond.  (Accessible Sky Suite)

Can you confirm that accessible bathroom on E class does or does not have a bathtub?  I saw a video tour that showed one.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Can you confirm that accessible bathroom on E class does or does not have a bathtub?  I saw a video tour that showed one.

Thank you.

I was in AquaClass on Apex so I can’t confirm that for you. The tub in a standard Sky Suite is strange with a shallow tub and step up, I didn’t like it that much but was big enough for both of us. 

21 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I was in AquaClass on Apex so I can’t confirm that for you. The tub in a standard Sky Suite is strange with a shallow tub and step up, I didn’t like it that much but was big enough for both of us. 

Sorry didn't catch that.  I'll cross my fingers.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Thank you.

Our cousin was in one on Apex recently and it had both a roll-in shower as well as a bathtub.  A huge bathroom.  Their only issue was the strange placement of the television - on the side of the bed and no way to swivel it.  It was a fabulous room.

14 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Our cousin was in one on Apex recently and it had both a roll-in shower as well as a bathtub.  A huge bathroom.  Their only issue was the strange placement of the television - on the side of the bed and no way to swivel it.  It was a fabulous room.

Could you ask your cousin about water leaks in shower in Celebrity Beyond Accessible Sky Suite?

21 hours ago, zitsky said:

I just won a move up to an accessible suite.  I didn’t request it.  I didn’t even think I would get anything.  I bid the minimum.  I don’t want to think I took it from someone who needed it.

This is the problem with Celebrity's move up program. If you are in an accessible veranda you cannot put in a move up bid because Celebrity will not guarantee that they will move you to an accessible Suite.

Not your fault at all, but that's why there are often accessible Suite available closer to sailing and non-disabled passengers get moved into them.

19 hours ago, Chardonnay Char said:

This might sound terrible but if I walk into a ladies room with 3 stalls -- two are normal and one is handicapped and both of the regular ones are occupied full --  I do NOT stand there and wait for someone who is handicapped to maybe need the stall.  I use it and move on.  

I don't think that anyone would have an issue with you using the accessible stall. The problem arises when someone uses it as a changing room, to paint their nails, to read etc.. All of these things have happened to me. If that's the only stall you can use, it is appreciated if you don't camp out in there.

8 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

This is the problem with Celebrity's move up program. If you are in an accessible veranda you cannot put in a move up bid because Celebrity will not guarantee that they will move you to an accessible Suite.

Not your fault at all, but that's why there are often accessible Suite available closer to sailing and non-disabled passengers get moved into them.

Hey if you want to move me into a Penthouse Suite, that’s ok too.  😂

We were put in an accessible suite years ago, never again.   In addition to the problems with the shower, the sink was set at an odd height making in unusable without discomfort.   The closet only had a bar set at a low level so all of my clothing was puddles on the floor.   It is worth paying extra for a non guarantee suite and avoiding the pitfalls of a accessible suites.

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We were put in an accessible suite years ago, never again.   In addition to the problems with the shower, the sink was set at an odd height making in unusable without discomfort.   The closet only had a bar set at a low level so all of my clothing was puddles on the floor.   It is worth paying extra for a non guarantee suite and avoiding the pitfalls of a accessible suites.

Do you recall on what ship and what cabin category that was?