To all CPAP Users-Escape

cruisekitty22

2 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Does anyone know if there is an outlet near the balcony or on the balcony for the extension cord for a CPAP machine if we want to sit on the balcony using one? This is on the Escape.

The only outlet is on the desktop. Depending on room configuration, that could be a 20’ run to the balcony. On our cruise two weeks ago, we needed an 18’ cord to get to the bedside. 

I wouldn’t have thought to bring an extension cord since I haven’t sailed with my Cpap yet, thanks!  While on the topic.. can you get distilled water from NCL or do you need to bring your own? 

46 minutes ago, tjc78 said:

I wouldn’t have thought to bring an extension cord since I haven’t sailed with my Cpap yet, thanks!  While on the topic.. can you get distilled water from NCL or do you need to bring your own? 

My husband keeps the extension cord in his travel case for the CPAP so that he doesn't forget it. The cruise lines can provide it, but they may run out, so it is better to just pack your own! 

Contact NCL for a Special Needs form. You can order distilled water on that form and it will be in your room when you check in. Saves you lugging a gallon jug! Some cruise lines charge for this, usually around $3; I don't know about Norwegian. 

On 4/25/2023 at 12:49 PM, bluesea777 said:

Bring a 15-20 ft simple extension cord regardless. There are no outlets beside the beds. Also, if the bed is next to balcony, the outlets will be in the middle of cabin. 

Agreed.  Outlets are at a premium in your cabin anyway, so an extension cord that allows 2-3 different outlets is an added bonus.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, panoramaofthepast said:

Contact NCL for a Special Needs form. You can order distilled water on that form and it will be in your room when you check in. Saves you lugging a gallon jug! Some cruise lines charge for this, usually around $3; I don't know about Norwegian. 

There's about a 50-50 chance that the ordered water will be in your stateroom.  If it's not, just ask your cabin steward.   NCL doesn't charge for distilled water (yet).   HAL does, don't know about other cruise lines. 

• Like 1

I just wanted to add that, in addition to a non-surge extension cord and multi plug, I bring gaffing tape, so that the extension cord won't trip us. I used to be a gaffer and work in TV/Video, so it's my tape of choice. Holds well, but comes back up cleanly.

• Like 1

I was on the Escape in February, I did order the distilled water but it was not in the room when we arrived. I asked my cabin steward and he provided me with a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord that reach from the desk to the bed area. But as mentioned, the extension line does sit on the floor so any midnight walks to the restroom could be adventurous if not carefull. Have a great cruise!

brian

On 5/2/2023 at 2:06 AM, Cruiseingbug said:

I was on the Escape in February, I did order the distilled water but it was not in the room when we arrived. I asked my cabin steward and he provided me with a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord that reach from the desk to the bed area. But as mentioned, the extension line does sit on the floor so any midnight walks to the restroom could be adventurous if not carefull. Have a great cruise!

brian

Just my 2 cents as a long time CPAP user, the distilled water isn't as critical as some think. Sure get the water if the ship has it, but don't sweat it if you don't have it, most, if not all ships use reverse osmosis water filtration, which is pretty pure water. I use bottle water in hotels if I happen to buy a bottle, but I also use tap if its late and time for bed, a few nights isn't going to hurt it, just don't run dry. I do use distilled at home, so I'm not anti-distilled, I'm just not that concerned.

BTW, I just got off the Caribbean Princess and learned a neat trick for CPAP users, the night stand lights on the Caribbean Princess are 220 volt European outlets right behind the bed and most CPAPs will run on 220 (check out your power brick). You can by an adapter on Amazon (4 for $10) that allows you to plugin the CPAP with the US plug and the lamp with the European plug, no extension needed!

From the Princess boards:

Edited by DCwom
  • Like 1