Laundry Options on the Rotterdam / Eurodam

dalesyang

Hello everyone!   I will be on the Rotterdam and the Eurodam this year.    I want to pack light which is everyone suggests,  but that'll mean I need to use laundry services.    Does anyone know if these ships have passenger-use laundry machines or laundry service?   Anyone know how much this is or how they charge people (what they charge)?

9 minutes ago, dalesyang said:

Hello everyone!   I will be on the Rotterdam and the Eurodam this year.    I want to pack light which is everyone suggests,  but that'll mean I need to use laundry services.    Does anyone know if these ships have passenger-use laundry machines or laundry service?   Anyone know how much this is or how they charge people (what they charge)?

We're scheduled on a 14-day cruise in June on the Rotterdam and were offered Unlimited Laundry for $147 or Unlimited Pressing for $70. Self-service laundry is not available, so we're plan on bringing our own detergent and washing in the sink or a dry bag & hanging with wrinkle releaser.  You can send out individual bags of laundry with your room attendant - turn around should be within 2 days(?).  We won't know the a la carte laundry rates til we're on board.  Hope this helps.  

laundry.png

pressing.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No passenger use washers or dryers on any HAL ship. 

All HAL ships do have a laundry service, however. You can pay by the piece, which is frightfully expensive. 
Or, you can pay by the bag. It has ranged from $20/bag to $30/bag lately, and has varied on different ships. 
You can also purchase unlimited laundry, where you pay one price for the length of the cruise (although you can't send any out the day before disembarkation); again, the price has varied lately, and you can send a bag as many times as you like. 

The bags are cloth, and are fairly large. If you roll your clothes tightly you can get a LOT in there. Stuff the bag (or not, if you are using unlimited!), leave it on the bed before you leave in the morning or evening, and it will be returned to you all clean, pressed if appropriate, or folded if that is your preference, frequently the next day, or likely the second day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We use the unlimited laundry service for all of our HAL cruises.  We find it to be a wonderful benefit of cruising with HAL.  Never had an issue with an item being lost, ruined or mishandled.  It is especially beneficial for long crises o cruising to an area where humidity and heat are a factor.  

You are wise to pack lightly and utilize the laundry service.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not a popular option based on the responses on this board, but on our longer cruises we like to find a laundromat in a port and take an hour to do laundry. It's easy to research ahead of time by Googling and mapping out the options.  Usually less than $10 for a 20 pound load.  There's usually wifi in the laundromat and it's on your schedule.  Hubby and I put our laundry bags in our backpacks, and bring them back all clean.  Obviously this doesn't work for all ports, but with some planning, it's super easy to do.

This only backfired on us once when the ship missed the port we had planned for laundry.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SuzWillCruise said:

How far in advance can one purchase unlimited laundry? I think we’ll need it for our 14 day Norway sailing in summer 2024.

you can purchase it like any other extra. i'm assuming the rates won't go down if you buy now.

• Like 1

You can purchase the unlimited laundry onboard when you submit your first bag.  You just mark it on the laundry list.  I've never heard that it goes on sale or is less pre cruise.

~Nancy

On 4/30/2023 at 11:15 AM, SuzWillCruise said:

How far in advance can one purchase unlimited laundry? I think we’ll need it for our 14 day Norway sailing in summer 2024.

I purchased package 9 months in advance on HAL website.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is not discounted by purchasing in advance. You are not required to purchase in advance  - just mark on your 1st bag if you want unlimited. 

They do a great job - take great care and honor special requests. We've sent bags w/notes to not dry certain items but do dry others and they always get it right.

Many times, we get it back same day when we put it out at breakfast (hang on outside of door handle) - at no extra charge.

We always send a tip at end of week in our last bag. We just write a big "thank you" on the card that is included when the laundry is returned and put cash with it in the bag.

The only dirty laundry we take home is what we wear traveling back - it's nice to get home and just put your clean clothes away. Best souvenir of the trip!! 🙃

• Like 1