FCC Question

We have a fairly substantial FCC due to a price drop from our cruise last year.  I know we need to have something booked by November 1st to avoid losing it.

If I book a cruise today and use my FCC then decide to cancel it later will I get my FCC back assuming I cancel it before November 1st?

Also, will I be able to book it online directly or do I have to call my cruise consultant?

TIA

Your FCC should show on your Latitudes account and allow you to use it as partial payment for the cruise.

If you cancel before final payment the money goes back to the original form of payment, BUT the FCC will go back with the original expiration date.  You can't book something then cancel and expect the expiration date on the FCC to be extended (similar applies to CruiseNext).

3 hours ago, Northern wanderlust said:

If I book a cruise today and use my FCC then decide to cancel it later will I get my FCC back assuming I cancel it before November 1st?

2 hours ago, hallux said:

If you cancel before final payment the money goes back to the original form of payment, BUT the FCC will go back with the original expiration date.  You can't book something then cancel and expect the expiration date on the FCC to be extended (similar applies to CruiseNext).

During and immediately following the 18 month suspension of cruising due to COVID, NCL occasionally extended the expiration of FCC issued for suspended and/or cancelled cruises.  To the best of my knowledge, however, since the return to cruising in the Summer of 2021 NCL has declined to extend any expiration dates on FCC.

53 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

During and immediately following the 18 month suspension of cruising due to COVID, NCL occasionally extended the expiration of FCC issued for suspended and/or cancelled cruises.  To the best of my knowledge, however, since the return to cruising in the Summer of 2021 NCL has declined to extend any expiration dates on FCC.

I never saw the FCC on my latitudes account, I think because we had booked through a travel agent.

The crusie embarked Oct 21, 2022 and disembarked Nov 1.  I was under the impression the FCC would be issued after disembarkation.  Which was fine.  And my travel agent is the one who told me we were getting a FCC.  He never mentioned an expiration date, I assumed from research on here and NCL's website that you had to have something booked within a year of the expiration date, which I was under the impression was Nov 1, 2023.

I called NCL today to find out how to use the credit and was told it expired in January.  The agent I spoke with told me to fill out a form with the customer experience team and request an extension and said that he had never seen one of those not go through.  I got an email back from the customer service team saying it would not be extended.

I just put a call in to my travel agent to see if there was anything he could do on his end.

Now I'm cranky.  I just lost $1900.  Why would a FCC expire 3 months after issuing?  I don't get it.

15 minutes ago, Northern wanderlust said:

I never saw the FCC on my latitudes account, I think because we had booked through a travel agent.

Your FCC belongs to you, not your travel agent.  It should have appeared on your account.

17 minutes ago, Northern wanderlust said:

I've gotten FCC twice for price drops. I believe the first one was visible in my account, the second one wasn't. I did have to contact NCL to get the 2nd one added to my account.  I still didn't see it but my PCC could. 

You (or your TA) should have gotten an award letter, spelling out the terms of the FCC - and it should be for a full year.  If you can find that award letter, you can forward it to NCL and get the FCC you should have.

8 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I've gotten FCC twice for price drops. I believe the first one was visible in my account, the second one wasn't. I did have to contact NCL to get the 2nd one added to my account.  I still didn't see it but my PCC could. 

You (or your TA) should have gotten an award letter, spelling out the terms of the FCC - and it should be for a full year.  If you can find that award letter, you can forward it to NCL and get the FCC you should have.

I decided to call NCL directly again and spoke with another agent who sees the credit and says they are still active.  She is saying they expire Nov 2023 for book and sail and is checking to see if we can extend to a sail date next year.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Northern wanderlust said:

I decided to call NCL directly again and spoke with another agent who sees the credit and says they are still active.  She is saying they expire Nov 2023 for book and sail and is checking to see if we can extend to a sail date next year.

Great news!  Please post once you hear back from NCL and let us know if you were successful in getting it extended.

20 hours ago, Northern wanderlust said:

Great.  It never did.  I can't even find an area on there for coupons and credits like the website says I should see.

Exactly my experience as well.  My FCC never showed on myNCL.  Nor, could I find a coupon or credits on their website.

I did have an email forward by my TA from NCL granting the FCC and it's conditions.

After a month of waiting, I called TA and she was able to apply the FCC to my next cruise.

• Like 1

I too have experienced cancellations resulted in FCCs being placed on my NCL account as a result of a cancelled cruise. The FCCs have always been shown directly below my reservation/reservation list on MyNCL.  If I have CruiseNext certificates, they are shown in the same place.  For me, I always access the MyNCL website using my laptop and never use the app on my phone or tablet as I find the app unreliable. 

Couple of things that I have found regarding FCCs....First, unless you are traveling solo, the FCCs will be split between all travelers shown in the stateroom for the cancelled cruise based on their portion of the original cruise cost.  There are provisions that you can request that the separated FCCs be transferred back to your account but there are restrictions.  Second....there are actually two dates that apply to the FCC usage being that they must be used by a specified and you must sail by a specified date.

Again, this has been my experience....  

• Thanks 1