Does anyone know the number of Gala Nights on a 28 day cruise and/or MDR menus?

CanuckCruizer

Going on the Nieuw Statendam in the fall on a 28 day cruise (also sold as 2 separate 14 day cruises).  I think that there will be 6 Gala Nights & have read on another site, that someone said 6 also.  Another person said 4 only.  Anyone have any idea?  I did a search and nothing came up on here & the Navigator app does not indicate.

Also looking for dinner menus to try to determine which nights we will want to book at the specialty restaurants.  Wondering if there would actually be a 28 day menu or do you think that they will do a 14 day menu and then repeat?  Anyone know of any recent or current menus to look at?  Again, Navigator app does not show.

Another thing - I am more familiar with Royal Caribbean's & Celebrity's apps - where you can actually change the sail date (from your booked sailing) to a current one, to help you figure out menu choices, entertainment times etc.  Haven't sailed with HAL for a few years so have not used their app. On HAL's Navigator app - there does not appear to be an option to change to another sailing - anyone know?

Any help would be appreciated.🙂

Canuck

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Agree, it's probably 6. Also think the the 14 day menu rotation will be the plan.

CruiserBruce - thanks for your reply.  I will continue to search for newer 14 day menus to give us an idea of what to expect.

Canuck

I agree. A true 28-day cruise would likely have only four Gala nights, but you aren't taking a true 28-day cruise; you are taking two 14-day cruises, which have 3 Gala nights each. 

Unless the itineraries are vastly different (e.g., if one were a repositioning cruise), then I would also agree that the menus will likely repeat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I agree. A true 28-day cruise would likely have only four Gala nights, but you aren't taking a true 28-day cruise; you are taking two 14-day cruises, which have 3 Gala nights each. 

Unless the itineraries are vastly different (e.g., if one were a repositioning cruise), then I would also agree that the menus will likely repeat. 

RuthC - Thanks for your reply.  We booked the 28 day, but yes, others have booked one 14 day sailing or a B2B with two 14 day sailings.  The 2nd segment is a repositioning, where it starts in Athens and ends in Rome.

Thanks,

Canuck

It should be 6 for the reasons RuthC mentioned. Your PCC or travel agent can see it on the booking, but it's not on your paperwork nor does it show when you view your booking on the HAL website

1 minute ago, POA1 said:

It should be 6 for the reasons RuthC mentioned. Your PCC or travel agent can see it on the booking, but it's not on your paperwork nor does it show when you view your booking on the HAL website

POA1 - Thanks for your reply.  We don't have a TA or a PCC - always book direct with the cruiseline.  I asked the agent and they didn't know.

I am going with 6 Gala Nights.  Still working on finding some 2023 menus.

Canuck

3 minutes ago, CanuckCruizer said:

POA1 - Thanks for your reply.  We don't have a TA or a PCC - always book direct with the cruiseline.  I asked the agent and they didn't know.

I am going with 6 Gala Nights.  Still working on finding some 2023 menus.

Canuck

Roger Jett has a good selection of menus on his site. He's been my go-to resource for years.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/

He posts here as @Crew News

• Like 1

If you have your voyage codes, a HAL employee can see the # of dressy nights on their system. The voyage code is on your paperwork in Cruise Details section on page 1 of your booking confirmation. The number of gala nights is subject to change by the ship, but 6 is a really safe bet.

29 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Roger Jett has a good selection of menus on his site. He's been my go-to resource for years.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/

He posts here as @Crew News

POA1 - Thanks for that link to Roger's site.  I was on his hal facts site and knew he had another one but could not remember the name.  I will check it out.

Yes - I have the Voyage number.  Next time I call in - I will see what they say - lol - as it all depends on who you are talking to.😀

Canuck

55 minutes ago, CanuckCruizer said:

POA1 - Thanks for that link to Roger's site.  I was on his hal facts site and knew he had another one but could not remember the name. 

Canuck

I don't "think" Roger Jett @Cruise News is associated with Halfacts.com.  (not that it really matters)🙂

Roger????

Thanks,

Nancy

Edited by oakridger