Rome - two nights pre-cruise

sboh

We’re on the Enchanted Princess from Rome to Athens in June and have two pre-nights booked through Princess in Rome. We arrive at 7:45am on a Thursday and sail at 7pm on Saturday.
On arrival we plan to take our bags to hotel and just explore on our own - Pantheon, Trevi, Spanish Steps, etc.

On Friday we have a morning tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill  booked with Walks of Italy. May do Borghese Gallery in afternoon.
On Saturday we have an early entry (7:15am-11:15am) tour of the Vatican also booked with Walks of Italy.

A few questions:

do we need to or can we pre-book entry into the Pantheon on Thursday afternoon?

does anyone have any recent experience with Walks of Italy? (I had thought to book Through Eternity Tours but Walks offered a cash refund up to 24-hrs before so I went with them.)

best way to get Borghese tickets?

our two hotel nights are booked through Princess so they provide transfers but nothing I have shows what time we will leave for the port on Saturday. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Edited by sboh

There is no such thing as pre-booking entry to the Pantheon as there is no entry fee. It's just a matter of waiting in line. Lines can be long during peak season. 

The official Borghese Galleria website appears to be down right now, but I would suggest it as the best place to buy tickets -- you can get either an admission-only ticket or a guided tour. I have used the admission only option and rented an audioguide onsite; it worked well for me.

galleriaborghese.beniculturali.it 

38 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

There is no such thing as pre-booking entry to the Pantheon as there is no entry fee. It's just a matter of waiting in line. Lines can be long during peak season. 

Currently yes, but they will be charging 5 euros per person starting soon-- was just announced. No timed tickets but there will be an entrance fee. 

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

Currently yes, but they will be charging 5 euros per person starting soon-- was just announced. No timed tickets but there will be an entrance fee. 

Several years ago (pre-Covid) they first announced a fee for entry of 2 euro. However, it was never implemented. Recently they again said there would be a fee (this time 5 euro) but as far as I know the specifics of when and how this will happen have yet to be decided.

March 23 of this year was signed the decree fixed in 5 euros the entrance fee to the Pantheon, which will be allowed only outside the hours reserved for liturgical functions. The under 18 free, the under 25 only 2 euros. Worth them all, the Pantheon is beautiful

I think you do need a timed reservation at the Pantheon on weekends, but since OP is going on a Thursday, it doesn't matter for them specifically, but if anyone is reading this thinking about a weekend, I believe you do need to reserve now for Saturdays and Sundays.