Afternoon tea

Kay S

On 5/6/2023 at 10:05 AM, Ombud said:

I do it on ever cruise but tell them to not deliver sandwiches & sweets, just tea & scones. But sometimes it comes anyway. I just want a lite bite. This one was a perfect sizeScreenshot_20220630-164121_KeepNotes.thumb.jpg.72225c7457fdddc311b7e219efcab80e.jpg

If you get a chance try the Tea Service on Oceania.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rbtan said:

If you get a chance try the Tea Service on Oceania.

Do they only deliver 2 scones & cream per person or do they inundate you with 6 platters as well? (at least room service will immediately remove the 'extras'). Picture Please -- tempt us

More is never better IMHO

adding background: I struggle with keeping at 24 BMI due to poor self control. I know I don't need to belong to the 'clean plate club' but grew up poor so it's deep in my brain

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

The Mothers Day afternoon tea on Sky was lovely and todays sea day afternoon tea was just as nice.  Ship has 3800 passengers and, although the MDR tea was well attended, the buffet afternoon tea is MOBBED!  Go for the relaxing MDR afternoon tea.

1 hour ago, Senga said:

Crowded, wall to wall people.

I know what mobbed means.  I mean what is buffet tea?  Never heard of it.  MDR afternoon tea, yes.  Royal Tea in  the piazza, yes.  But tea service in the buffet?

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

the middle snack section in the buffet.

I've seen that but I never thought of it as "tea service."  They put the MDR tea leftovers up there in the buffet after the tea service is over.  

Edited by Kay S
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kay S said:

I know what mobbed means.  I mean what is buffet tea?  Never heard of it.  MDR afternoon tea, yes.  Royal Tea in  the piazza, yes.  But tea service in the buffet?

The more specific your comments, the more chance of getting a proper response.

50 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I've seen that but I never thought of it as "tea service."  They put the MDR tea leftovers up there in the buffet after the tea service is over.  

You are 100% incorrect.

1 hour ago, Senga said:

The more specific your comments, the more chance of getting a proper response.

You are 100% incorrect.

If you say so...

Your experience is yours and mine is mine.

I will be up there in the buffet waiting for them to bring me tea and sandwiches on a little tray at the white linen covered tables.  🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I will be up there in the buffet waiting for them to bring me tea and sandwiches on a little tray at the white linen covered tables.  🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

It will be a LONG wait! 😂 Nowhere did anyone mention “tea service”, “little tray” or “linen covered tables” in the buffet; only afternoon tea.  Buffet, as most people know, is self serve.  Have a wonderful day!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kay S said:

If you say so...

Your experience is yours and mine is mine.

Buffet is self serve. No one is serving you. Reread my comments so they are clear 😉

Edited by startedwithamouse

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Buffet is self serve. No one is serving you. Reread my comments so they are clear 😉

This is so silly.  I was not responding to you, mouse.  Our friend from Toronto suggested several post ago that people should avoid the afternoon tea in the buffet and go to the one in the MDR instead.  I asked him what this buffet tea was, since his post suggested equal tea venues, buffet vs. MDR.  There is no buffet tea service equal to the MDR, and I just wanted to clarify that with him.  You correctly pointed out that the food from the MDR tea is also available in the buffet snack area in the afternoon.  I agreed with you, but our friend said I was "100% wrong."  So the moral to this story is don't ask anyone to clarify what he means.