Princess disembarkation at San Pedro with airport transfer to LAX info (with actual times)

gottagocit

I’ve seen several posts on the Princess board asking for help in determining what is a earliest departure time one could safely book at LAX. This week used the Princess LAX transfer at San Pedro following our Panama Canal cruise and made note of the actual time at several points along the way. Maybe this will help some looking for advice.

I may should add this info to the west coast departures board but will add it here since I know there’s been questions here. Our United flight to Houston scheduled departure time was 1:09 pm. 

Worth noting we disembarked on a Thursday morning (ie: traffic)

9:10 Appointed gathering time in Elite/Platinum Lounge 

9:00 Our group called to begin disembarkation

9:08 Located luggage in terminal and entered immigration queue

9:28 Cleared queue and began ~150 yard walk to bus

9:38 Boarded bus

9:52 Bus loaded and leaving

10:35 Arrived at airport terminal 1 (Southwest)

10:42 Arrived at terminal 2 (Westjet)

10:45 Arrived at terminal 3 (Delta)

10:49 Arrived at terminal B (International-didn’t stop)

10:49 Arrived at terminal 4 (American)
10:53 Arrived at terminal 5 (American,JetBlue)

10:55 Arrived at terminal 6 (Alaska- didn’t stop)

10:57 Arrived at terminal 7 (United)

Quickly checked  bag (prepaid) with curb agent 

11:32 Through security screening (no TSA Pre) and at gate 71B

I believe “early walk off” passengers were allowed to begin walking off around 7:30. The earliest Princess airport transfer scheduled disembarkation times were 8:50 am if I recall correctly. 

Once we cleared the terminal parking area traffic, while heavy, was always moving until we reached the congestion at each airport terminal during our transfer but I can’t say if the early walk offs found the same or not. 

Edited by gottagocit

We did a mexico cruise earlier this year out of San Pedro.

Although weather did not seem to be to bad, the currants were awful & we arrived back about 1 1/2.

hours late. The captain knew that ahead of time so the night before, he made an announcement saying that people that could push out their fights might try & do that.

When we arrived, there was a problem with immigration.

Their facial recognition & computers were down, so they actually had some kind of hookups to their phones which they used....it worked but another delay.

It is always nice to figure things out to the minute....in a perfect world   :O)

I must comment that we were also on that disembark but our time was 8:40 am to get off the ship. that was right on time. Once we got through customs which was a long time with long lines as they do not have facial recognition there, we got on the bus. It was a very confused driver that could not find his way out of the port. After we passed the Emerald princess and the USS Iowa twice we all knew there was a problem. Finally , we got on the freeway. There was minimal traffic but the congestion at the airport was heavy. The bus stopped at all the terminals. We were the last one - terminal 7 - there were people frantic about missing their flights. We got off that bus 2 and a half hours from start to finish. Next time, we will take an Uber.

3 hours ago, eclue said:

We got off that bus 2 and a half hours from start to finish. Next time, we will take an Uber.

That is pretty scary and makes me realise we were right to take a taxi for our international flight at 1.55pm to allow for three hours pre departure check in. It was more expensive compared with Princess transfer but taking that long would be so stressful.

5 hours ago, gottagocit said:

I’ve seen several posts on the Princess board asking for help in determining what is a earliest departure time one could safely book at LAX. This week used the Princess LAX transfer at San Pedro following our Panama Canal cruise and made note of the actual time at several points along the way. Maybe this will help some looking for advice.

I may should add this info to the west coast departures board but will add it here since I know there’s been questions here. Our United flight to Houston scheduled departure time was 1:09 pm. 

Worth noting we disembarked on a Thursday morning (ie: traffic)

9:10 Appointed gathering time in Elite/Platinum Lounge 

9:00 Our group called to begin disembarkation

9:08 Located luggage in terminal and entered immigration queue

9:28 Cleared queue and began ~150 yard walk to bus

9:38 Boarded bus

9:52 Bus loaded and leaving

10:35 Arrived at airport terminal 1 (Southwest)

10:42 Arrived at terminal 2 (Westjet)

10:45 Arrived at terminal 3 (Delta)

10:49 Arrived at terminal B (International-didn’t stop)

10:49 Arrived at terminal 4 (American)
10:53 Arrived at terminal 5 (American,JetBlue)

10:55 Arrived at terminal 6 (Alaska- didn’t stop)

10:57 Arrived at terminal 7 (United)

Quickly checked  bag (prepaid) with curb agent 

11:32 Through security screening (no TSA Pre) and at gate 71B

I believe “early walk off” passengers were allowed to begin walking off around 7:30. The earliest Princess airport transfer scheduled disembarkation times were 8:50 am if I recall correctly. 

Once we cleared the terminal parking area traffic, while heavy, was always moving until we reached the congestion at each airport terminal during our transfer but I can’t say if the early walk offs found the same or not. 

You might want to consider what happened approximately 3 weeks ago.  Arrived in San Pedro early, got off the ship around 9am and then stood in immigration line for over an hour.  Once through that line, we stood in 2 double lines waiting for the buses for almost 4 hours.  Once on the bus it was a quick trip but that morning anyone flying out earlier than 3:30 or 4:00pm would not have made it.  Yep, things happen so never expect that kind of timing, and then there is the unreal traffic at the airport at certain times.  Plan carefully.

• Like 1