Is there any permissible steamer or iron you can take on Carnival?

Eli_6

17 minutes ago, crazyank said:

What British Airways says and what HM Customs and Immigration do is frequently two different things. Especially at Heathrow.  Believe whatever you want to.

I also asked on the BA flyer forum and they said the same thing as BA.  I have been through LHR three times since Brexit and only had to go through C&I the one time when I had two separate tickets and a bag that wasn't checked through. 

Ok, upon consulting the Heathrow airport website, it says: 

CONNECTING FLIGHTS

If your baggage is checked through to your final destination, that’s where you clear customs. If you’re collecting your baggage and checking in to your next flight yourself, you need to pass through customs at Heathrow.

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

What British Airways says and what HM Customs and Immigration do is frequently two different things. Especially at Heathrow.  Believe whatever you want to.

I agree.

If you do not have a boarding pass for your next flight it will not be classed as connecting.

Easy these days going through immigration though with the enhanced passports. Just tap and go.

We send our elegant night clothes to get pressed by the laundry staff. On the Mardi Gras 2 weeks ago we sent my husbands suit pants, shirt and one of my dresses, it was only 10.00 and everything looked nice and it was done in just a couple of hours. I know the Mardi Gras only has a couple of ironing rooms and no guest self-serve laundry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryann2 said:

I agree.

If you do not have a boarding pass for your next flight it will not be classed as connecting.

Easy these days going through immigration though with the enhanced passports. Just tap and go.

I will have a boarding pass. Why wouldn't I have a boarding pass?  The flights are only 3 hours apart. Not more than 24. I can check in for my second flight and obtain the boarding pass before I ever leave Houston. 

Edited by Eli_6

On 5/8/2023 at 7:17 PM, vwrestler171 said:

Hang your clothes in the shower after a hot shower.  The steam and weight will pull the wrinkles out.

This works great.  Once the clothes are a bit damp from the steam, you can also use a hairdryer and your hands to tackle any stubborn wrinkles.  

2 hours ago, JulyCruiser23 said:

They won’t take it from you when they check bags??

I think the poster was joking.  But I have accidentally taken prohibited items before I knew they were prohibited and nothing happened.  

On 5/11/2023 at 2:35 PM, JulyCruiser23 said:

They won’t take it from you when they check bags??

@Nachosdelux was actually referring to a different definition of the word "steamer" (think of something yucky that would flush down the toilet).  It was intended as a joke.

• Haha 1