Ember on Vista

TonicTraveler

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

That is YOUR fav but not everyones

We will take Halibut or haddock  not  a fan of Cod  but then it depends on where the cod is sourced 

Tonight it is Perch  & chips 😃

Have had all kinds of fish with chips and enjoyed them all but the best for me was Mahi on St. John

4 hours ago, basor said:

I will wait to hear the reviews of people actually onboard Vista and not third hand comments.  I did not see anyone remarking on them being "rushed" out of Embers and not enjoying their meal at what ever pace they chose.  I do not find crab cakes, lobster mac and cheese (from Jacques menu) and other items offered at our Applebees (but we do not eat there often) but I certainly enjoyed them on O in their specialty venues.  There are still other specialty restaurants and the GDR onboard for those that want that experience and now some new options for those that want something different on those nights when other activities, returning late and tired from shore or do not have a specialty restaurant reservation are looking to dine.  It also will take some of the pressure off Terrace at lunch and dinner when people complain about it being crowded...why the angst - lots of options is a good thing.

I agree with the theme of this posting, however you missed some facts. Most importantly Embers is a Specialty restaurant with reservations required. There is no “ I’m tired tonight, let’s walk up at Embers. We reserved a night and time at Embers on our upcoming cruise , exactly like I did for RG, PG, or Toscana. 

I have no expectations either way for this venue, only a 7:30 reservation for dinner. I plan on being seated and then evaluating the food and service . We’ll see how it goes next month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I agree with the theme of this posting, however you missed some facts. Most importantly Embers is a Specialty restaurant with reservations required. There is no “ I’m tired tonight, let’s walk up at Embers. We reserved a night and time at Embers on our upcoming cruise , exactly like I did for RG, PG, or Toscana. 

I have no expectations either way for this venue, only a 7:30 reservation for dinner. I plan on being seated and then evaluating the food and service . We’ll see how it goes next month.

Only for dinner no reservations required for lunch 

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 5:09 PM, LHT28 said:

That is YOUR fav but not everyones

We will take Halibut or haddock  not  a fan of Cod  but then it depends on where the cod is sourced 

Tonight it is Perch  & chips 😃

Oh how I miss my lake perch! 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 7:51 PM, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

The menu for Embers appears ordinary but the fact that it is open for lunch and offers a sit down/service option is a strong positive.  My major reservation is on quality ingredients and preparation since they exclaim that the "fish and chips" is made with Chilian Sea Bass.  No Englishman would consider eating "fish and chips" that does not contain either cod or haddock.

Joel Barry

So true 🤣

We at at Embers last night - 

I had lobster roll as starter, spouse had crab cake (different than Polo one), we had the lemon confit and burrata salad, then we both had the fish and chips.  It was the Sea Bass (thickness was similar to RG miso glazed sea bass), they give 3 pieces (2 would have been plenty).  Spouse had the triple chocolate brownie (brownie, I think chocolate ice cream then Carmel and chocolate sauce drizzled, topped with walnuts), I had 1 fried beignets (usually 3 come in a portion with 2 other sauces). with the bourbon Carmel sauce (only dish that was meh)

Starter and salad were small, they all came out together.   Once finished with those, very quickly came the fish and chips.   We had to ask them to give us a few minutes before dessert was ordered.

this is intended to be a quicker service restaurant (75 - 90 minutes).  

staff all worked together to make it flow smoothly and efficiently (not just a server and helper assigned to your table).  

Kitchen Galley is open at back so you can watch all the preparation or go and say hi and see the galley working in harmony 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, slw207693 said:

We at at Embers last night - 

I had lobster roll as starter, spouse had crab cake (different than Polo one), we had the lemon confit and burrata salad, then we both had the fish and chips.  It was the Sea Bass (thickness was similar to RG miso glazed sea bass), they give 3 pieces (2 would have been plenty).  Spouse had the triple chocolate brownie (brownie, I think chocolate ice cream then Carmel and chocolate sauce drizzled, topped with walnuts), I had 1 fried beignets (usually 3 come in a portion with 2 other sauces). with the bourbon Carmel sauce (only dish that was meh)

Starter and salad were small, they all came out together.   Once finished with those, very quickly came the fish and chips.   We had to ask them to give us a few minutes before dessert was ordered.

this is intended to be a quicker service restaurant (75 - 90 minutes).  

staff all worked together to make it flow smoothly and efficiently (not just a server and helper assigned to your table).  

Kitchen Galley is open at back so you can watch all the preparation or go and say hi and see the galley working in harmony 

Sounds delish, although I don’t like to be rushed.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 8:17 PM, basor said:

Ember, a signature addition to Oceania's favorite dining options, is a dining room that will be open for lunch and dinner, serving American cuisine. Dishes will include braised short ribs on polenta, grilled swordfish with asparagus, crab cakes with spicy aioli and a Cobb salad with smoked chicken

I don't see the short ribs, swordfish or cobb salad ion the menu posted by the first poster ~ are these young to be specials?

Edited by gbits

4 minutes ago, gbits said:

Ironically I don't see any of these items on the menu posted by the first poster

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2023-04/aquamar-ember-dinner-sample.pdf

I see several on this sample dinner menu....haven't seen a lunch menu yet.  Early reports have been very positive for Embers so taking that as a good sign as another option in dining.

1 minute ago, basor said:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2023-04/aquamar-ember-dinner-sample.pdf

I see several on this sample dinner menu....haven't seen a lunch menu yet.  Early reports have been very positive for Embers so taking that as a good sign as another option in dining.

I only see the crab cake as an appetizer. Is the cobb salad the kale & chicken salad? 

Just now, gbits said:

I only see the crab cake as an appetizer. Is the cobb salad the kale & chicken salad? 

No idea - could have evolved or on the lunch menu....looking forward to the lobster mac and cheese and a few other tried and trues from the other restaurants.  I am sure someone onboard will post the current lunch and dinner menus soon