Tendering on NCL Star

tomk3212

We're considering a 10 day cruise from Southampton around Ireland this coming September on the Star.  Two of the ports are listed in the itinerary as tender ports & I was wondering how physically challenging it is to get on and get off the tender boats.  We're in our early 70's & can't handle too many steps up or down.  Also how high the steps are is also an issue.  I was wondering if anyone has had any recent tendering experience with the Star (or her sister ship Dawn) and can give us any information in this regard.

TIA!!

tomk3212

its only a few steps down from the dock to the tender, there are always tender crewmen to help you get down and up the steps. dont worry, dont fret, and enjoy the port to the fullest. we're 74 and 75 respectively, my wife has had both knee replacements, and although she's a little shakey going down the few steps, there is always someone there to help her out

it should not be a problem

We are doing the first round Ireland there are more than 2 tender on this one.

If I remember will report here.

There is a live from that will be worth following for the latest information.

Think it's a first for NCL so anything could happen (go wrong 🤔)

• Haha 1

As @insidecabin says follow this Live 11th May - 21st May 10 day around Ireland, we have 4 of 7 tender reports.
It will be reported in that thread as other have already asked.

Link:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2934870-live-report-norwegian-star-may-11th-21st-2023-is-this-my-last-time-on-a-small-ship/

Edited by ziggyuk

7 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

We're considering a 10 day cruise from Southampton around Ireland this coming September on the Star.  Two of the ports are listed in the itinerary as tender ports & I was wondering how physically challenging it is to get on and get off the tender boats.  We're in our early 70's & can't handle too many steps up or down.  Also how high the steps are is also an issue.  I was wondering if anyone has had any recent tendering experience with the Star (or her sister ship Dawn) and can give us any information in this regard.

TIA!!

tomk3212

We were just on the Star and had several tender ports. It was not that bad. There are a few stairs up or down and then you step into the tender. You can hold on to the side or a crew member will lend you an arm. I do not remember the steps being too high.