Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

7 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

That’s what we get for not planning our meals in advance! Well, no harm in calling tomorrow and seeing if they can fit us in.

My table was near the door. In the 1.5 hours I was there,  I heard the maitre d welcome two walkins, but with a 40 minute wait and a 30 minute redirection to the bar next door to pass time  (their bar was full). I have no fear about risking my foodie reputation so if you manage a table please let me know how it goes and if you like scallops,  octopus and mojitos go for them here.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 4

Just now, IntrepidFromDC said:

My table was near the door. In the 1.5 hours I was there,  I heard the maitre d welcome two walkins, but with a 40 minute wait and a 30 minute redirection to the bar next door to pass time  (their bar was full).

We wouldn’t mind that! We will try—thank you! 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Do they give you the cold shoulder when you return as punishment for leaving like our cats do to us lol.

Each one is different.  Just like dogs and cats have unique personalities,  so do ferrets.  BTW, they're not rodents  and are much smarter and more entertaining than guinea pigs or rabbits (my opinion). They're like kittens that never grow up, always into hilarious mischief.  But they sleep 18 hours a day. And they dook, which will win you over instantly if you see it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Each one is different.  Just like dogs and cats have unique personalities,  so do ferrets.  BTW, they're not rodents  and are much smarter and more entertaining than guinea pigs or rabbits (my opinion). They're like kittens that never grow up, always into hilarious mischief.  But they sleep 18 hours a day. And they dook, which will win you over instantly if you see it.

I did look it up and watched some playing. They are adorable! I have never seen one in person. I would gladly trade my husband's 2 cats for one😁I miss my little dwarf hamster Biscuit and decided after my Sept cruise I will be ready to find a new little friend to keep me busy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I did look it up and watched some playing. They are adorable! I have never seen one in person. I would gladly trade my husband's 2 cats for one😁I miss my little dwarf hamster Biscuit and decided after my Sept cruise I will be ready to find a new little friend to keep me busy.

They add so much joy to our lives,  every day is fun with ferrets.  And I am a "dog person".

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I have never met a ferret but I think they are adorable.  Someone (probably a person who smelt of elderberries) said ferrets are a bit fragrant.  Is this true or was this person farting in my general direction? 🤣

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I have never met a ferret but I think they are adorable.  Someone (probably a person who smelt of elderberries) said ferrets are a bit fragrant.  Is this true or was this person farting in my general direction? 🤣

All six of Faith's ferrets have no smell at all because they had their scent glands removed when they were spayed/ neutered.  I'm guessing they do smell bad when they poof like a skunk otherwise?  Please don't get me started about ferrets,  I really wish everyone had at least two.

• Like 2

Barcelona, old area, evening. 

The crowds are almost on a Times Square level in the tourist area.

Tomorrow I have a long walking tour in the morning,  then will break for lunch at 2, then will do the  HOHO bus. My hotel is strategically located 2 blocks from both the HOHO and Walking Tour  meeting points. 

20230527_143402.jpg

20230527_152936.jpg

20230527_143319.jpg

20230527_132636.jpg

20230527_143703.jpg

20230527_143702.jpg

20230527_150312.jpg

20230527_132749.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Carnival Venezia (encircled) led by Carnival Pride (also red) closing in on Barcelona.  And TxTeach has his luggage, to have and to hold until death do they part! It's not even FESTIVUS yet! ANOTHER FESTIVUS MIRACLE! 

Screenshot_20230527-185522_Chrome.jpg

At this point, i don’t even have any grievances to air!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I find all those traveling overseas and getting ready to board a cruise very interesting, love all the photos.  Interesting in that it was not very long ago that we were all encouraged to "avoid crowds"....can't tell from any of these photos that is happening anymore.  Seems like the world has returned to "normal" if there is such a thing...... I like it!

• Like 3

Looking forward to your review of the hoho bus.  I love the *idea* of them, but, in practice find them either VERY crowded or running very infrequently, neither of which is all that great. 

But maybe I've just had bad luck? 

Looking forward to tomorrow's pictures! 

• Like 2

Last time I was in Barcelona (after TA on NCL Epic), I watched  a few buses checking route numbers and memorizing the stop which was about two blocks from hotel.  Got on about 5pm and made the loop - had to pay low fare again twice.  Finally ended up in a great seat across from driver, she and I exchanged hard candies during the three hour ride - back at the first stop around 8pm on a beautiful spring evening.  Stopped in Farmacia on way to hotel to grab some plane snacks for oh-dark-thirty flight back to Reno.  Did HoHo on a previous trip - amazing city.  I'm packed and ready to board - I wish!  😎

• Like 5

Well, the walking tour was more informative and fun than the HOHO bus, although Gaudi's Cathedral (pic below) is a highlight of Barcelona.  The HOHO took us past nic churches, the FC Barcelona stadium (largest soccer stadium, seating almost 100,000 - but not much to look at from the outside (pic). Most of the HOHO route took us through the newer part of Barcelona with 70s construction,  looks alot like DC.  Since the bus couldn't fit on narrow streets (and forget about the scattered medieval streets) it didn't take us to alot of beautiful and interesting scenery like the walking tour. And the audio narrative was nowhere near as good as our walking tour guide. HOHO pics...

20230528_082105.jpg

20230528_070542.jpg

20230528_072305.jpg

20230528_071206.jpg

20230528_075340.jpg

20230528_072147.jpg

20230528_083849.jpg

20230528_072204.jpg

20230528_081936.jpg

• Like 7

The walking tour was great if you like history.  As the guide led us to interesting site after site, she paused along the way 20 times to show maps of modern day Spain and what it looked like,  kn 100 year intervals. So we got a real good flavor of how modern day Spain changed hands from the Romans, Visigoths, Moors and Arabs from Africa and Turkey took turns ruling the land and people. She included stops along the way that added depth.  For example,  when she discussed WWII she showed us a courtyard with shrapnel damaged from a Mussolini bomb that killed 30 children and 3 teachers (pic)

20230528_064345.jpg

• Like 6

She shared alot of history, these two pics are of a wall in King (Phillip?)'s courtyard. On one of the stones you can see Hebrew. The main quarry was next to a Jewish graveyard from the 1400s plague. After analyzing that Christians in the Jewish Quarter were dying from the Plague at a 10-1 ratio of Jews, a rumor spread that Jews were poisoning the Christians wells, so the king kicked all Jewish people out of Catalan and authorized the construction of the walls to include Jewish headstones from the cemetery.  Here you see the wall and then a zoomed in shot of on of the stones with hebrew inscribed.

20230528_061520.jpg

20230528_061556.jpg

• Like 6