Why You Should Bring Hard Copies Of Your Cruise Documents

Jadn13

So sorry for the people posting here of their experience. The last thing you want as you start the cruise is a fight over what you've booked or paid for.

I, too, bring hard copies of everything. I go one further, I screen shot my dining reservations on the app in case I have difficulty loading it to see when and where we need to be.

This is nowhere as bad as others report, but still rankled. On my cruise last week, very late the night before the first formal, they switched our reservation for two for a private table to a shared. I noticed first thing in the morning and spent the day speaking to various people to try and get it back as it was, and being pretty much told it was my fault, and nobody at Princess had changed anything!

That was the worst part, being gaslit when I had the screenshot! Also an automated email came through at 11.08pm the previous night saying they'd changed the reservation, but not showing what they did. Someone was obviously in the system moving things about! I guess they thought we'd not notice, turn up, wait however long it took for a table and the situation would resolve itself.

The upshot, even after taking it higher, was to turn up at the assigned time, wait, pick up someone else's reservation when they don't show up after 20 minutes. Kind of makes a mockery of booking. I get that they anticipated being busy that night, but own it when you're caught out and definitely don't imply the passenger messed up 😞

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Does Princess think they’re dealing with stupid people who will believe anything they’re told?  I mean seriously

Possibly, they feel no compunction about moving people's cabins even when they mark their cruise as no upgrade. According to them their rules which you agree to, basically allow that.

1 hour ago, CruisinChris said:

the most disturbing thing about this thread is the number of instances where having documentation did not help resolve the issue.  The stories of room changes are really deplorable.

Not only deplorable, but all too common.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

yep I opened the door to discover that a phone was on the desk being charged and as it was a suite the welcome canapes had been delivered - under repairs my foot!!!

yep - me and the Hotel Manager would be having a "discussion" when I showed him the pictures I took

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yep - me and the Hotel Manager would be having a "discussion" when I showed him the pictures I took

And you will be shown the long cruise contract that you signed off on saying that nothing is guaranteed itinerary, length of cruise or cabin location

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

And you will be shown the long cruise contract that you signed off on saying that nothing is guaranteed itinerary, length of cruise or cabin location

prolly ...🤔 ... but the "lying" about the 'repairs' is not acceptable, that's my point

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Above comments about the cruise contract trumps all else is why we’re growing dissatisfied with Princess.  Their arrogance means they can do whatever they want and not have to apologize or make ammends.

All cruise lines have the same type of contracts. 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

All cruise lines have the same type of contracts. 

I agree but Princess seems to be the main ones taking full advantage of it, like easily moving people to different cabins when you board 

I asked Celebrity about this and they said “that’s the cabin you booked and that’s the one you will get.  We will not move you”.  That was refreshing

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 2