Vision in Baltimore

We had a terrific reposition sail from Ft Lauderdale, great crew and lots a fun….I will book Vision again.

NO Taxis at Maryland cruise Terminal…

Upon departure, guest where driven, literally, to North side to terminal to wait for Uber/Lyft, hundreds waiting, or a taxi rank, or take the private shuttle….

But NO TAXIs showed up during our 45 minute wait and had to pay the $40 for the shuttle service.

Anyone else experienced this..?

Based on actions of Transportation Company, I felt they rule the Baltimore Docs…..keeping the taxis OUT..

thanks

Edited by Slidell_Cruiser

2 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Not even sure where this shuttle took you as the furthest pick up point within the terminal area is maybe 100 yards from the exit of the terminal. If that's where they took you and charged $40, it is the biggest scam I've ever heard of - somehow, it doesn't sound right.

• Like 2

I saw a post elsewhere that the taxis were overwhelmed, as the arriving repo passenger numbers were so unusual, compared to 99% of Baltimore cruises in which everyone parks at the port or has their own pickup arrangements.  It's too bad that one-way cruises do have their downside, especially at the end of a good cruise.

People arriving in their cars, for the next cruise, were also held back in the crush.

Things should be much better from now on.  Our experiences at Port of Baltimore are always positive.

• Like 2

Biker 19

no we walked out to the terminal lead by the hosts to the North side where ..
Lyft/Uber Hundreds of folks waiting..

Shuttle Service $$20 pp to,airport..

Taxi Rank….

there was a rope taxi rank but NO Taxies

people from Shuttle company in their uniforms seems to run the entire show and rule the roost…

Cruising since 1998, TA and Pinnacle Club Member and was always able to get a taxi at any terminal worldwide…

Edited by Slidell_Cruiser

1 hour ago, moposh said:

If you wanted, could you call a taxi to come to the pier or were taxis not allowed to enter?

Cruised from Baltimore spring 2022. Also no taxis waiting then. If called, taxi will meet cruisers near the terminal entrance.

3 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Shuttle Service $$20 pp to,airport.

Your OP certainly didn't read that way to me and other than the wait, the taxi cost wouldn't have been any cheaper.

As mentioned, Baltimore is very rarely the end of repo sailings (Enchantment even moved to NY to leave for her repo instead of leaving from Baltimore) and few taxis come there due to the mostly local clientele.

6 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

We had a terrific reposition sail from Ft Lauderdale, great crew and lots a fun….I will book Vision again.

NO Taxis at Maryland cruise Terminal…

Upon departure, guest where driven, literally, to North side to terminal to wait for Uber/Lyft, hundreds waiting, or a taxi rank, or take the private shuttle….

But NO TAXIs showed up during our 45 minute wait and had to pay the $40 for the shuttle service.

Based on actions of Transportation Company, I felt they rule the Baltimore Docs…..keeping the taxis OUT..

thanks

There was a very long queue for the taxis.  We saw taxis picking up guests while we waited in Schooner Bar to disembark.  By the time we got down to the taxi area, the queue was very long; so, we chose to take the shuttle/van at $20 per person rather than stand a long time to wait for a taxi..  Also had extremely long lines waiting for Uber/Lyft.

This is what I would expect when over 2,000 people disembark ship at same time.  We were happy with the $20pp shuttle.  Cost difference was negligible, IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I saw a post elsewhere that the taxis were overwhelmed, as the arriving repo passenger numbers were so unusual, compared to 99% of Baltimore cruises in which everyone parks at the port or has their own pickup arrangements.  It's too bad that one-way cruises do have their downside, especially at the end of a good cruise.

People arriving in their cars, for the next cruise, were also held back in the crush.

Things should be much better from now on.  Our experiences at Port of Baltimore are always positive.

Agree, do Repo's every yr and last one did in Oct when I looked out with less then half passengers off not Single Taxi in sight. Though many now use UBER type, less Taxi's show up like have 5 plus yrs ago. This was Tampa and same thing happened here, they kept new passengers outside the Fence on for quite a while

• Like 1