OBC from stock ownership..

topaz123

Thank you....I see it at the bottom....what exactly does the statement..."Confirm with all OBC holders before applying credits pre cruise to  avoid cancellations onboard." Appreciate the help !!!

I was approved for stock OBC for my July cruise.  I just looked and I have credit there, but it does not say what the credit is for.  I have heard that the OBC for stock holders does not show up until after you are on board...  Don't know if that is true or not.OBC.thumb.PNG.a48ebfc52b2ee868505b9964192283ee.PNG

Edited by Jeff From NC

Just a few short months ago you used to be able to conveniently download the documents with lots of useful information such as obc and itinerary with your boarding pass/ luggage tags. Carnival, in their infinite wisdom removed this document from the downloadable pdf file after having it there for many years. They said it is coming back, but why something that was zero cost to Carnival was removed is unknown. The obc won't breakdown as shareholder credit, it just shows total amount of credit issued. They were such simple, yet informative documents! 

Screenshot 2023-05-12 10.11.06 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-12 10.11.29 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-12 10.11.43 AM.png

Edited by n6uqqq

2 hours ago, Jeff From NC said:

I was approved for stock OBC for my July cruise.  I just looked and I have credit there, but it does not say what the credit is for.  I have heard that the OBC for stock holders does not show up until after you are on board...  Don't know if that is true or not.OBC.thumb.PNG.a48ebfc52b2ee868505b9964192283ee.PNG

It will be there after they issue the approval but it won't be broken down as shareholder credit.

3 hours ago, topaz123 said:

Thank you....I see it at the bottom....what exactly does the statement..."Confirm with all OBC holders before applying credits pre cruise to  avoid cancellations onboard." Appreciate the help !!!

The OBC for the whole cabin is included even though it may be intended to be per person.  Really only a problem if you are booking with someone else (non-spouse) who is in your room and paying their own way.   If you book something before the cruise using all the onboard credit such as an internet plan or excursion, the other person may not be happy that you used their part and could request a refund for their part 🙂

2 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

It will be there after they issue the approval but it won't be broken down as shareholder credit.

Yes, I remember the detailed invoice type info....miss that detailed look.....I guess it's a simplistic world now....for example: You got it, there it is, see you , bye.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I have an add on question then. I’m sailing with friends. I’m the only one with CCL shares. Will my OBC go to be split amongst the 4 of us or will it be just on my folio? 

30 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

I have an add on question then. I’m sailing with friends. I’m the only one with CCL shares. Will my OBC go to be split amongst the 4 of us or will it be just on my folio? 

It should  go directly to you, but just make sure you set up separate sail and sign accounts! On my cruise in March I had the shareholder credit and it was only under my name. 

Edited by n6uqqq