Move Up upgrades with 50% off minimum bids - is this normal?

Les43

I received this offer too for the June 22 sailing on the Constellation.  We are in a Sky suite so I placed bids on the Celebrity and Royal Suites...the Penthouse just sees a bit over the top for my family of 3.  🤣  I placed fairly low bids because we're happy with what we booked and if we get lucky it's just gravy.  Good luck bidding everyone

• Like 1

We have received this offer as well for a July 2023 sailing.  I have 2 questions:

1) Does moving up from IV to Concierge change the cabin?

2) We have all included with our IV.  Does moving up change that?  Let's say if we bid for a suite - don't the suites have all included already?

I also have a 50% offer on the Silhouette. The only issue that puts me off is that most of the Sky Suites are on deck 12, under the cafe and pool deck, and i've read they are quite noisy during the day and night. 

The noise normally comes for those on deck 12 in sunset suites. Normally  when people sit out on the deck for breakfast. We winged and got a credit note the next cruise. Great cabins , especially the corner ones.

• Like 1

We received the original email for bidding and bid on a Sunset Veranda from a Deluxe Veranda. Didn't receive any notification about a 50% reduction in the minimum bids. Yesterday I just went into the Move up web page and it does show the other cabins at 50%. So have bid min on a few suites, not worried if we don't get anything, just chancing my arm to be honest.

On 5/15/2023 at 7:30 AM, weacat said:

We have received this offer as well for a July 2023 sailing.  I have 2 questions:

1) Does moving up from IV to Concierge change the cabin?

2) We have all included with our IV.  Does moving up change that?  Let's say if we bid for a suite - don't the suites have all included already?

1) Yes

2) No, you keep whatever perks package you have (if any) with your original booking.

I just bid from an Aqua room to a Celebrity Suite. Looking for opinions on those on the Millenium. Also, if you win the bid on a suite, do you get extra Captains Club points ? And is Specialty Dining included as well ? 

1 hour ago, valuemkt said:

I just bid from an Aqua room to a Celebrity Suite. Looking for opinions on those on the Millenium. Also, if you win the bid on a suite, do you get extra Captains Club points ? And is Specialty Dining included as well ? 

No on the points and there is no specialty dining benefit with Celebrity Suites. 

1 hour ago, valuemkt said:

RichYak beat me to it.  

The question is has anyone had one accepted? They seem to be doing a big push with sailings 30- 75 days out based on comments. Wonder if they will confirm move-ups earlier or just keep you hanging like most until close to sail date?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LINGBER said:

The question is has anyone had one accepted? They seem to be doing a big push with sailings 30- 75 days out based on comments. Wonder if they will confirm move-ups earlier or just keep you hanging like most until close to sail date?

We have heard nothing, we sail in 31 days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark.Jules said:

We have heard nothing, we sail in 31 days.

The norm is that you will know 5-7 days before the cruise. Not before! 
Of course they wait until the last minute so people are tempted to raise their bids.

Sometimes you’ll see a charge on the credit card before you receive an information.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, valuemkt said:

No, with a MoveUp upgrade you get the suite amenities like Luminae, Reatreat etc. but not the extra perks like points, obc, premium beverage package etc.

On 5/12/2023 at 5:16 PM, Les43 said:

We are sailing on Celebrity Reflection on 17th July in a Sunset Sky suite - we upgraded from a SV recently. We received the usual move-up email last week with the bids on higher level suites at extortionate prices.  I have just received a ‘promo’ email , apparently sent to ‘select guests with almost 50% off some categories on minimum bids. I haven’t seen or heard of this before. Is this normal with 10 weeks still to go? Would be interested to hear others’ experiences and whether the minimum bids may change again before we sail? 

Les 43  ,Can I ask what site you checked the cabin availability in uK ?

3 hours ago, hobgoblin said:

Les 43  ,Can I ask what site you checked the cabin availability in uK ?

I go on the Celebrity UK site and do a mock booking. When you go to choose your stateroom , it shows which ones are available.