unable to pre book mdr times apex

Mjclfc

I,m trying to pre book our dining for our cruise in july, we have anytime dining but wanted to pre book so we know when and where we would be eating each day. When i click on the restaurant links on celebrity website it says sold out on all but two dining rooms (the two which don't say soldout are speciality dining)  is this normal as i am sure i could prebook a few weeks ago on the MDR.

2 hours ago, Mjclfc said:

I,m trying to pre book our dining for our cruise in july, we have anytime dining but wanted to pre book so we know when and where we would be eating each day. When i click on the restaurant links on celebrity website it says sold out on all but two dining rooms (the two which don't say soldout are speciality dining)  is this normal as i am sure i could prebook a few weeks ago on the MDR.

Post back your experience with the app. Apex no longer excepts reservations for ATD. At least that was our experience on our March Apex cruise, even though I pre booked the dining room and times through my CP 18 months prior to the sail date. I just booked our ATD (dining room and times) for the Edge but will have to wait and see if they are following Apex's lead once we are onboard. Thought might as well reserve as long as the CP allows me to. 

To me since your cruise is in July you aren't going to be able to reserve ATD, whether it's on the app or online in your CP. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I believe ATD is Any Time Dining, which is a Princess Cruise line term.

It may have changed, but Celebrity calls  it Select Dining.

I've seen Celebrity uses both ATD and SD. RC uses MTD. All the same. TD is Traditional Dining. 

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I believe ATD is Any Time Dining, which is a Princess Cruise line term.

It may have changed, but Celebrity calls  it Select Dining.

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

I've seen Celebrity uses both ATD and SD. RC uses MTD. All the same. TD is Traditional Dining. 

All of Celebrity's MDR dining is referred to as "Select Dining." There's Select Dining Early, Select Dining Late, and Select Dining Anytime.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/celebrity-select-dining

As DK habitually uses perplexing acronyms, the dining ones should actually be SDE, SDL and SDA to maximize Cruise Critic Confusion (CCC). 😂

Edited by RichYak
correct hyperlink
  • Haha 5

We are sailing on Apex in November.  We have anytime dining and just made reservations for each night at the complimentary dining rooms.  It is my understanding that we would still get into the dining room without the reservations but we may have to wait.