Japan Cruise Terminal - day hotels?

KateMarl

Hi,  I am travelling on Celebrity from the Tokyo cruise terminal next year and would like to book a day room at a nearby hotel for disembarkation day.  Our flight back to the UK isn't till late in the evening and looking for some accommodation for the day.

Tokyo has six International Cruise Terminals.

1. Harumi - Chuo City, in the Olympic Village

2. Takeshiba - Kaigan City

3. Hinode - Near Hamamatsu-cho

4. Tokyo International Cruise Terminal - Koto City (near Haneda Airport)

5. Osanbashi - In Yokohama

6. Daikoku Terminal - In Yokohama Bay

Harumi has the best location - in downtown Tokyo - but can only accommodate ships small enough to pass under the Rainbow Bridge.

Takeshiba and Hinode also can only accommodate ships small enough to pass under the Rainbow Bridge.

The New Tokyo International Cruise Terminal is just South of the Rainbow Bridge and can accommodate any size vessel.

Osanbashi, in Yokohama, can accommodate ships small enough to pass under the Yokohama Bay Bridge.

Daikoku, in Yokohama Bay, is a cargo terminal that also accommodates the biggest ships - and handles he overflow when Osanbashi is full.

Your cruise will probably call at Tokyo International Terminal, Osanbashi Terminal, or Daikoku Terminal.

15 hours ago, KateMarl said:

Hi,  I am travelling on Celebrity from the Tokyo cruise terminal next year and would like to book a day room at a nearby hotel for disembarkation day.  Our flight back to the UK isn't till late in the evening and looking for some accommodation for the day.

I would look for a hotel close to the airport you are departing from. Some have shuttles to the airport.

Looking at my booking reservation, it will be one of the Yokohama ports that we will dock into.  We will not need to head to the airport until about 8pm for an 11:50pm flight.  It would be great to utilise this last day in Tokyo and have somewhere to take a rest and shower before we start the long journey home.

If anyone knows of a good hotel near the ports that take day bookings, I'd be really grateful.

You haven’t told us which Tokyo Airport you are flying out of.

Haneda Airport is located about halfway between Tokyo and Yokohama. From Yokohama, depending on which transportation you choose, the trip is about 30 minutes.

Narita Airport is located about 150 kilometers North of Yokohama. Transport can take from 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours, depending on traffic.

There are many nice hotels located around both Airports. Many offer day rooms for travelers.

Note that the fastest commute time between Narita Airport and Central Tokyo is one hour each way. The fastest commute time between Haneda Airport and Central Tokyo is about 30 minutes each way.

We are flying out of Haneda airport. 

We would like to have a base for the day before we go to the airport in the early evening.

Hoping to get a recommendation of somewhere.

You can book dayrooms at Hilton hotels directly on their website or app: just use the same date for arrival and departure.  They have a hotel opening in Yokohama in September.  The one at Narita is quite cheap.  Beware that a dayroom usually requires you to be out by 5 or 6 pm.

Japanese hotels are usually strict about checkin times, so don't book a hotel for the night and expect to check in early, except maybe at airport hotels.  I did once get off a cruise and checked into the Yokohama Intercontinental at 11am, but there were dozens of cruise passengers sitting around who were not so fortunate (I think it helped that I had "Platinum Status" and also could ask for early checkin in Japanese).

1 hour ago, Goldconnection said:

We’ve used dayuse.com. Not all day rooms require you to be out by 5 or 6 pm at least not here in the US. We are looking into to booking a 12pm to 9pm time slot in LA. 

What are you searching for? I’m getting 0 hotels in Yokohama

On 5/19/2023 at 8:00 PM, JohnCA said:

You can book dayrooms at Hilton hotels directly on their website or app: just use the same date for arrival and departure.  They have a hotel opening in Yokohama in September.  The one at Narita is quite cheap.  Beware that a dayroom usually requires you to be out by 5 or 6 pm.

Japanese hotels are usually strict about checkin times, so don't book a hotel for the night and expect to check in early, except maybe at airport hotels.  I did once get off a cruise and checked into the Yokohama Intercontinental at 11am, but there were dozens of cruise passengers sitting around who were not so fortunate (I think it helped that I had "Platinum Status" and also could ask for early checkin in Japanese).

Thanks but it's not working for me for the Hilton Yokohama

On 5/18/2023 at 3:57 PM, micruiser2002 said:

If it is Yokohama I would just find an inexpensive hotel near the port and book 1 night.  We have this hotel booked pre-cruise in October and the nightly rates are very reasonable.  https://www.the-squarehotel.com/sym/

Realistically though, they're not going to let me check in at 8am though, are they?

If we can't check in until 3 or 4 pm, there isn't much point

3 hours ago, Belgian fry said:

Realistically though, they're not going to let me check in at 8am though, are they?

you should contact the hotel and ask them.  Some hotels will let you check in early.

On 5/22/2023 at 6:27 PM, Belgian fry said:

Many Japanese hotels don't do early check in on principle so you're right, 8am is highly unlikely. It's not uncommon to be made to wait until precisely 3 PM.

There are definitely hotels that offer what you're looking for. Maybe not 8 AM since that's before check out time, but 10-11 AM onwards definitely. For search terms, try "short stay", "day use", "day trip" or even "telework".